GT Capital Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you enjoy complex problem solving and have an interest in understanding how a global financial services group operates? Are you curious and like to be challenged whilst learning new skills?
We have an opportunity for someone with your experience to assist with our UK and European operations. In this unique and challenging role your primary focus will be to support Group Treasury’s EMEA Management Team with a focus on the capital management of Macquarie’s UK and European regulated entities and on the production of Internal Capital Adequacy and Risk Assessments / Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Plans (ICARAs /ICAAPs) and capital management framework documents.
As part of a small, specialised team in EMEA, you will have the opportunity to gain broad exposure to the activities of Macquarie divisions operating in the region and to build close relationships with these businesses and other support functions.
Your key responsibilities will include the production and coordination of the ICARA/ICAAP documents including project planning and managing stakeholders across a wide variety of teams within Macquarie. You will also be supporting in the capital management of Macquarie’s EMEA regulated entities, including maintenance of capital management framework documentation, monitoring developments in UK and European prudential standards, impact analysis and implementation of regulatory change and other regulatory change initiatives.
Monitoring and oversight of capital adequacy of regulated entities, including committee and Board reporting will be a significant part of your role, as well as reviewing business proposals in the region to help identify and address the impact on capital requirements for local entities and liaise within the team and other support functions to ensure these are considered for regulatory reporting and capital management purposes.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive, and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes.
You will also have:
- Have 3 - 5 years’ experience within treasury, prudential risk, or regulatory disciplines and have experience producing capital assessments under the UK and European regimes.
- Have a strong level understanding of capital adequacy regulations including IFPR and IFR/IFD, CRD / CRR and Pillar 2 / ICAAP framework.
- Ability to assess and interpret regulatory policy, and communicate impacts to Macquarie businesses, senior management, and committees.
- Understand, analyse, and assess impacts of upcoming changes to regulatory regimes related to capital management as well as partake in regulatory change programs.
- An ability to think critically and have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Have strong numeric skills, to monitor and critically assess financial information.
- Be an organised, highly motivated, and flexible team player, willing to collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders including with global Group Treasury colleagues.
- Be able to manage tight deadlines and manage projects / stakeholders with multiple dependencies.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, then please apply now.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.