Manager/Senior Manager, Governance Team
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
An excellent opportunity to join the Commodities and Global Markets Group (CGM) in the Governance Team. CGM is a global business that combines specialist expertise, risk and capital solutions to help our clients realise opportunities in global markets including commodities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and asset finance. In the EMEA region, CGM is subject to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) in the UK and the Senior Executive Accountability Regime (SEAR) (pending legislative implementation)in Europe.
You will assist senior management in CGM EMEA, including the Head of CGM EMEA and the CEO of Macquarie Bank Europe DAC (MBE), with the enhancement, implementation and maintenance of their executive accountability obligations relating to the SMCR and SEAR, including their ‘Reasonable Steps’. You will also play an active role to ensure the core governance forums in CGM EMEA engage senior management and are effective in supporting their oversight duties.
You will work with the Risk and Management Group (RMG) to understand regulatory requirements and changes under SMCR and SEAR and you will seek RMG feedback on CGM’s executive accountability frameworks. You will also have touchpoints with Macquarie Legal and Governance Group and who provide Committee and Board support to regulated entities in EMEA.
- Implement and enhance systems and frameworks to support discharge of executive accountability obligations in CGM EMEA with a clear focus on efficiency and practicality.
- Liaise with RMG Compliance to understand upcoming regulatory change and impact on CGM.
- In conjunction with RMG Compliance, advise CGM EMEA senior management about best practice and interpretation and application of regulatory requirements.
- Conduct monitoring and assurance of compliance with SMCR and SEAR accountability obligations for all relevant staff.
- Harmonise frameworks and operating models supporting global senior executive accountability obligations applicable to CGM.
- Work with senior management in CGM EMEA, including the Head of CGM EMEA and the CEO of MBE to ensure core governance forums in CGM EMEA operate optimally to support executive oversight, including (in conjunction with the EMEA Legal and Governance team) boards and senior management committees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail essential
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencing and collaboration skills
- Strong organisational skills including ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Proven ability to navigate complexity to deliver practical outcomes
- Inquisitive mindset to identify and deliver on improvements
Preferred work experience and qualifications:
- 5+ years’ financial services experience, ideally in a strategy and operations or regulatory risk role
- Strong understanding of regulatory risks and ability to manage these risks with practical solutions
- Familiarity with corporate governance and executive accountability regimes
About Commodities and Global Markets
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.