MAM - Legal Assistant, Private Credit
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We’re seeking a legal assistant / paralegal to join our Macquarie Asset Management division on a permanent contact. You will support the legal team based in London covering the private credit asset management business of Macquarie Asset Management (MAM Private Credit). This role would report directly to the Head of Legal for MAM Private Credit.
MAM Private Credit’s investment strategies include infrastructure debt, real estate and fund financing.
Our legal team is embedded within the Private Credit business and the role will provide you with the opportunity to work closely not only with the legal and governance teams, but also with the distribution, fund management and investment management teams within MAM Private Credit.
You will have experience of an office / corporate environment and you will be proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Legal / paralegal experience or training is preferred but not essential.
Responsibilities will include supporting the legal team in the following matters:
- Coordination, execution and recording of document signings, including oversight of electronic / remote signings process and finalisation of transaction documentation.
- Providing assistance on fund closings and coordination of investor documentation.
- Assisting on the preparation, recording and execution of non-disclosure agreements, release letters, reliance letters and other legal documents ancillary to investments.
- Maintenance of various registers relating to clients and document management, for example:
- Powers of attorney and other signing authorities
- Document execution log
- Client information for use in transaction documentation
- Key clauses from investment management agreements and fund documentation required for oversight of expenses and acting on clients’ behalf
- Maintenance of registers regarding MAM Private Credit’s obligations to investment clients, including key persons, costs and expenses and signing authorities
- Overseeing the processing of legal invoices paid by MQ entities and by MAM Private Credit clients.
- Assisting on ad hoc internal projects as MAM Private Credit grows its business
- Assisting the legal team in scaling up capabilities and processes as MAM Private Credit grows
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to design, maintain and develop efficient and scalable processes in connection with the above. You will have the ability to take an innovative approach to problem solving and be proactive in identifying areas for innovation. As MAM Private Credit is a global investment manager, you will be required to liaise with colleagues in other jurisdictions and will have the ability to communicate effectively between EMEA, Australia, Asia and the US.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, renewables, natural assets, real estate, and transportation finance.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.