Sustainability Manager, Macquarie Asset Management - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Macquarie Asset Management Sustainability team is responsible for setting Macquarie Asset Management’s overall sustainability strategy and ESG framework, providing specialist expertise on environmental and certain social matters, and supporting asset management teams in harnessing ESG opportunities across the portfolio.
This role will require you to Manage reporting to key stakeholders including:
- Private markets investors, including reviewing responses to due diligence questionnaires and information requests, core investor materials and periodic investor reports
- MAM senior management
- Industry associations such as GRESB, PRI, CDP
- Manage or support key global sustainability projects and workstreams including
- Enhancement of sustainability policies, processes and governance
- ESG data - data gathering, review and gap assessments
- Thematic portfolio reviews for core and emerging ESG topics
- Engagement with industry and peer organizations and initiatives
- Monitoring the competitive landscape for sustainability in asset management, private equity and pension funds
- Support the assessment of environmental and social risks and opportunities in transactions within the EMEA region, including scoping and analysing due diligence reports]
If success you will likely have 5-7 years’ experience with a broad understanding of the sustainability landscape in asset management/in a corporate context including investor demands, relevant frameworks and industry initiatives as well as regulatory developments. A strong understanding of policies governance, processes, controls, policies and procedures in the context of sustainability, as commonly gained in risk, governance, reporting, or audit roles. Attention to detail in preparing qualitative and quantitative material for key stakeholder groups. In addition also be a self-starter able to work with ambiguity in a fast evolving space and have flexibility in supporting other key sustainability work streams, and taking on new sustainability projects beyond the initial remit.
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.