Front End Software Engineer – Energy Tech – EV – Green Investment Group EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Join our Green Investment Group as a highly motivated Front End Software Engineer within our e‑mobility business to help the Group support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy. This is a London-based role, but with the option to be based in another location with frequent travel to London. Initially, you will work in the Energy Technology team reporting to the CTO, e-Mobility. Ultimately, it is envisaged that this role will transfer into a dedicated EV platform business at which point, you will be reporting to the CTO tasked with delivering electric vehicle (EV) charging and energy management products, services and digital technologies, for both public and private sector B2B clients, across Europe.
You will be a dedicated Front End Software Engineer eager about working on new technologies to deliver client experiences that are both functional and delight the customer across B2B markets. You will have a unique opportunity to work with a talented software development team and to take ownership and accountability of your work and encouraged to participate in planning sessions and interpreting user stories, doing code reviews and pair programming.
- Be involved in team ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and stand-ups
- Work with the Business/Technology teams, Enterprise Architects and End Users to develop a proposed solution and work on its deployment
- Collaborate with the team on creating stories’ acceptance criteria, identifying areas of potential risk focusing on business objectives and delivering value
- Conduct incident management support
- Develop automation testing
- Design, develop and implement secure REST APIs
- Call out impacted areas and identify key focuses for regression testing
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Manage contractors and service providers
To excel in this role, you will ideally have:
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, HTML APIs
- Experience with Git (forking, branching, merging)
- Knowledge of frontend testing
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A genuine interest in being part of delivering the smart, low carbon energy transition and achieving net zero.
Having a Learning Mindset is a key value of our Group and we support our staff by giving them access to a variety of learning resources and accreditation.
About the Green Investment Group
Green Investment Group (GIG) is a specialist green investor within Macquarie Asset Management, and a global leader in the development of companies, assets and technologies that aim to accelerate the global transition to net zero. Initially launched by the UK Government in 2012 as the Green Investment Bank, it was the first institution of its type in the world. Acquired by Macquarie in 2017, GIG has grown to become one of the world’s largest green investors with a development pipeline of more than 30 GW in over 25 markets, spanning established renewables and emerging green technologies.
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion/EUR459.0/GBP394.6/USD531.7 in assets globally. Macquarie Asset Management is part of Macquarie Group, a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management, finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity, and commodities.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.