CGM Finance Entity Management & Control Manager/Executive
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Executive/ Manager to join the Entity Management and Control team in the Commodities and Global Markets Finance team in our London office. The Entity Management and Control is responsible for oversight of end-to-end financial control environment for entities and businesses throughout the Macquarie's Commodities and Global Markets businesses.
The complexity of the businesses is high, with an increasing focus on the governance & assurance at a legal entity level. Volumes and complexity continue to increase as the business has been expanding therefore communication and business partnering skills are critical to this role, whereas legal entity management would be a bonus.
Your role within the team will be to ensure transactions and overall business results are appropriately recorded at a legal entity level and communicated to stakeholders. You will work closely with the wider Commodities and Global Markets finance, financial management group and business operational teams
Your key responsibilities will include:
- oversight in implementing controls and financial management
- working closely with transaction advisory team on accounting assessments and execution in relation to new business transactions
- challenge and contextual reviews of entity results including tax transfer pricing
- managing various stakeholder engagement and communication including with the business and other Financial Management Group teams
- support and manage our offshore team, who perform month end reporting (including tax transfer pricing) and other reviews
- ensuring integrity and completeness of various business’ financial records including reconciliations, monthly reporting and operation of accounting processes and policies
- ad hoc project management to respond to changing regulatory, compliance and financial requirements.
We ask that you have experience in financial services or a similar commercial environment and will also have:
- an ability to understand complex structures and transactions
- CA or ACCA qualification (or equivalent accountancy qualification)
- excellent communication and organisation skills
- strong accounting skills and a practical understanding of IFRS
- ability to take ownership for the timely completion of tasks
- 4 plus years of relevant experience
If you have a collaborative approach, are curious with the ability to learn and adapt quickly whilst adhering to change, please apply today.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.