Insurance Risk Analyst - Commodities and Global Markets EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Join an experienced and successful Insurance Risk Management Team, protecting our global commodities trading activities.
Our team is responsible for the insurance covering worldwide activities such as physical (Marine Cargo, Terrorism, Marine Liability & Charterers liability) and Trade Credit / Political risks. You will gain exposure to a variety of Financial Commodity transactions which span Energy, Metals and Agricultural and Mining Finance etc, as well as Fixed Income and Currency Markets including Sports Finance, Credit Markets and Futures.
You will be managing all insurance data related to the above on a global basis, working with the business to identify and mitigate issues before they become an issue.
You will work closely with the Insurance Risk Managers responsible for the insurance covering CGM’s diverse businesses. In this role, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Gather and prepare declaration information and exposure analysis on retrospective activity for the physical business and trade credit and political risks for transmittal to underwriters
- Monitoring premium payment dates and coordinating with brokers or business to ensure that payments are done in a timely manner
- Preparing new enquiry submissions for brokers/insurers, including gathering of insurer pricing and feedback to the business
- Management of information systems including Salesforce to ensure system integrity and robust reporting, as well as concentration risks, insurer limits, and quote management
- Presentation of insurance report and summaries to Macquarie senior management and internal stakeholders
- Support Insurance Risk managers in interactions with CGM desks and various risk functions including BORM, Legal, RAAR, Capital and Liquidity Management and RMG Credit for business activities and new transactions
- Answer technical insurance queries from the business such as pricing and coverage
- Review insurance policies from clients financed by CGM and 3rd parties, e.g. storage operators
identify and deliver process improvements which optimise workflow by increasing efficiency, enhancing controls and improving the quality of our services. We are offering the opportunity to build your current experience in the insurance market. You will have strong technical skills with extensive experience using Excel including for reporting and analysis of data. Experience of operations management
If you would like to develop your career within our market leading commodities trading division, then please apply now. Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
About Commodities and Global Markets
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.