Funds Lawyer - Real Assets-- Macquarie Asset Management EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Casual
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a 3-to-5-year qualified lawyer to join our Macquarie Asset Management Real Assets group (MAM Real Assets) as part of the legal team on a permanent basis in London. This role will compliment a team of existing in-house lawyers.
MAM Real Asset’s investment strategies include a number of different infrastructure equity strategies related to:
- Core and core-plus infrastructure
- Renewable energy (including energy transition)
- Core regulated utilities.
Our products are both open and closed-ended funds and have either European or global mandates.
Our legal team is embedded within the Real Assets business and the role will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with the MAM distribution, fund management and investment management teams.
Responsibilities will include legal support for:
- Fund structuring (typically AIFs) including the manufacture, development and maintenance of fund structures
- Manufacture, development and maintenance of separate managed accounts (SMAs)
- Distribution of fund and managed account products
- MAM’s client/investor relations team in the negotiation and interpretation of fund documents (limited partnership agreements, side letter and internal ancillary documents) and general interaction directly with investors
- Launch of new fund vehicles in Luxembourg, the UK and the Channel Islands
- Growth of MAM’s AIFM platform in Luxembourg
- Advice on UK and EU applicable law and regulatory developments
- Implementation of regulatory projects (including assistance with managing and driving forward the legal aspects of the projects to completion)
Whilst the role will be focused on fund establishment and maintenance, you will additionally be given the opportunity to provide legal support on regional M&A transactions and to cover the full range of in-house legal issues, such as litigation, HR etc.
You will be able to demonstrate strong technical legal skills combined with the ability to take a commercial approach to problem solving including the ability to distil complex regulation and legal issues into practical advice. You will have private practice and/or in-house legal experience in asset management. As MAM Real Assets is a global investment manager, you will be required to work on cross border fundraisings and transactions with the ability to communicate effectively between EMEA, Australia, Asia and the US.
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.