Senior Analyst/Manager, Macquarie Capital Business Compliance
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Macquarie Capital Business Compliance team based in London.
Macquarie Capital (MacCap) is responsible for the Group's corporate advisory, M&A, debt, equity and private capital markets, principal investing and financing, and equity brokerage activity.
You will be a key member of the Macquarie Capital Business Compliance team, reporting into the Head of MacCap Compliance (Central) . You will actively participate in global projects, enhance our key frameworks and documents, deliver insights from data, and drive improvements in our monitoring programs. This includes developing data analytic requirements, committee and management reporting, assessing policies and procedures, developing and reviewing compliance controls, and act as a central point of contact. You will also have opportunity to be involved in various regional and global projects impacting Macquarie Capital and the Compliance team. In this role, you will interact with key stakeholders across the Compliance teams, the broader Risk Management Group, and the MacCap business.
The role will also support the Regional Macquarie Capital Business Compliance team in their transactional or monitoring work as required.
- Develop requirements for data analytics to assist in senior management reporting
- Preparation of compliance reports as required for Risk Committees and Board reporting.
- Participate in and provide compliance advice on key regional and global projects
- Review compliance plans, related policies and procedures and monitor compliance with these policies.
- Carry out ongoing assessment of the compliance framework operating within the business and ensure adequate controls are established.
- Oversee the assessment, monitoring, reporting and escalation of compliance incidents and issues.
- Assist in providing Compliance requirements for new business or initiatives
- Review of new transactions and products.
- Assist the wider business compliance team
- Enhancing training content and plans
- Drive efficiencies in compliance processes
To be successful you will have:
- Experience gained within and investment banking and regulatory environment
- Enjoy working in collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders including the business and the Risk Management Group.
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to work independently, determine priorities and meet deadlines, and to provide credible review and challenge.
- An innovative mindset, problem solving skills and self-motivating drive.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.