Manager, Net Zero & Climate Risk
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join Macquarie Capital’s Net Zero & Climate Risk Program team, based in London.
Join our Program team where you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Macquarie Group’s Net Zero plan, within the Macquarie Capital business. This includes the analysis and reporting on the Financed Emissions of the debt & equity investment portfolios, the Facilitated Emissions of our Capital Markets activities, and working with our portfolio companies on developing their own Net Zero plans.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of Macquarie Capital’s Balance Sheet investments, to support the Financed Emissions workstream and external disclosures.
- Engaging and working with Deal Teams on portfolio investments to obtain the necessary data from our investment entities to enable emissions analysis.
- Supporting on the development of sector-specific emissions methodology development.
- Researching the latest developments in the industry and staying across the latest framework and methodology developments.
- Developing reporting on portfolio emissions and decarbonisation pathways, to support management decision making.
You will bring:
- experience working on complex projects to a high-quality standard & tight schedule, preferably across a global business or team
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- proven interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders and manage expectations
- experience in framework, governance, regulatory or technology-based changes is advantageous
- previous experience and/or exposure to change initiatives in the climate risk domain is highly desirable
Net zero and climate change is an area of focus for the Board and senior management team, and this role offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment. We ask that you have 4+ years’ experience in a similar role. Having a prior background and demonstrated ability to support complex change will be advantageous in this sought-after position.
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.