Data Centre Management Engineer (6 month FTC)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven & motivated Data Centre Engineer to join our Data Centre Management team in London.
You will be part of a team who are driven to maintain and promote operational excellence at the Data Centres. You will be responsible for both delivering as well as facilitating work at the data centres and will be working closely with all technology groups as well as the data centre providers. Workloads will include both operational and project delivery. You will be aligned and report to the EMEA Data Centre Manager.
You will have exposure to a large number of technologies so will need to be agile and adapt to the different environments. As work will be both operations and projects, prioritization of workloads will be important. Accountability of the environment, commitment to operational excellence, a learning mindset and curiosity of technology are fundamental requirements for the role.
In this role, you will have:
- Cable infrastructure and system experience - patching, management and designs
- Cabinet and Equipment layout profiles
- Decommissioning & Disposal processes
- Awareness of core mechanical and engineering concepts
- Capacity plan for power, cooling and heat dissipation requirements
- Communication skills to manage vendor relationships pertaining to Data Center operations and internal teams
- Asset management experience
It will be an additional bonus to have the following skills:
- Design and implementation for Data Centre Projects, Office Fit-outs, cabling systems and equipment housing globally
- Understand Architectural & Engineering Drawings pertaining to Data Center & Office construction and fit outs
- Data Centre Design Professional certified
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.