Manager – Tax Reporting 12 -18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager to join our direct tax reporting team on a 12 – 18-month fixed term basis. In this role you will be responsible for tax accounting and compliance across Europe, Middle East and Africa and will report to a Senior Manager in the direct tax reporting team.
As part of the management team, you will review of UK corporate tax returns prepared by our Indian shared service centre with responsibility for obtaining sign off from the Regional Head of Tax and Head of Tax Reporting. You will also hold responsibility for some central tax adjustments, for example CFC reporting process, thin capitalisation review.
Additional Responsibilities will also include:
- Assisting in the management of OSP service delivery for non-UK corporate tax returns.
- Provide support for the income tax accounting process, involving review of the current and deferred monthly tax reconciliations; and providing signoff on tax notes to be included within the statutory accounts for the EMEA entities.
- Assisting the Regional Head of Tax Reporting in providing support to Business Units on regional Tax Reporting issues including acquisitions and ad hoc projects.
- Provide training and support to our Indian tax shared service team members
- Support process improvement and change management initiatives for EMEA tax reporting with an ongoing focus on data and technology.
You will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role, currently operating at a manager level within a Tax Reporting function in-house or within an accountancy firm with around 5 years post qualification experience.
- Strong UK Tax technical skill set.
- Corporate Tax experience for large companies & consolidated groups, which includes tax accounting and compliance.
- Exposure to European tax accounting and compliance issues (i.e.non UK experience) is preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ambition with a high level of energy and commitment.
- A strong Financial and Risk control mindset
- Flexibility to manage on-going change in businesses
- Excellent communication skills
If you are looking to diversify your direct tax reporting experience in an innovative and solutions led organisation, then apply today!
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.