Regulatory Reporting Manager – German Speaking , London or Dublin
Location: County Dublin, Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting opportunity to Macquarie Bank Europe as a manager in the Balance Sheet and Statistical Reporting team. In this highly visible and rewarding role you will be part of a diverse team that owns and manages the regulatory reporting of MBE’s German branch and will report into a Senior Finance Manager based in Dublin.
You will primarily be responsible for the monthly statistical regulatory reporting to the Bundesbank for German branch. You will need to develop a close working relationship with German regulator and external providers. There will be some finance duties including supporting financial control when queries arise and financial statement review. There will also be support and collaboration with our Treasury teams.
In this role you will also be supported by the wider Financial Management Group resources in the EU, the UK, the US and India, or 3rd party service providers (where required).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Statistical Reporting to Bundesbank (Ana Credit, BISTA, Z returns & R returns)
- Tracking Germany Regulatory requirements impacting Macquarie Bank Europe
- Consulting with and building good relationship with local regulators and authorities
- Assisting with queries from Treasury teams regarding daily Capital Adequacy, Funding, and Liquidity positions of the German branch
- Reviewing new business activities or transactions from a Statistical Reporting perspective
- Interaction with local third-party services employed to provide specific services
We are very much open to location which can be across our London or Dublin offices with the opportunity for travel.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive, and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. We are also looking for candidates who are fluent in both German and English, to business-level.
You will also have:
- A 3rd level qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 3 years+ experience, preferably within regulatory reporting division in banking and finance in a global financial institution
- Advanced software skills (MS Office) and other management reporting applications
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- Be comfortable interacting with business staff and resolving competing priorities
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and flexible team player.
This is an exciting time to join our growing business so if this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.