Business Analyst, Group Treasury – 12 month FTC
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an excellent 12-month contract opportunity for a Business Analyst with a background in financial services to join Macquarie's Financial Management Group as part of the EMEA Project and Change team.
You will have demonstrated experience in business analysis and project delivery within an Agile project framework, with emphasis on platforms and understanding system integration across multiple systems. You must also be confident working across various business groups and functional teams, within capital and liquidity reporting change projects.
In this exciting role you will have a wide remit and initial focus will be initiating a mandatory regulatory calculation and report driven project. As a key member of an agile project scrum team, involvement will extend through the project lifecycle, assisting with planning, impact assessment, solution design, testing and implementation.
You will engage with project managers, business subject matter experts and technology systems owners to supplement existing business and systems knowledge to document current and future state processes and conduct change impact analysis. You will also have the opportunity to create / update business requirements for new and refined requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating closely with the technical analysts to ensure business and functional requirements are correctly translated into technical specifications
- Documenting and owning business acceptance test cases
- Executing detailed data-testing, validating results against documented requirements
- Identifying and investigating unexpected behaviours / patterns in input and output data
- Managing, reviewing, and analysing testing issues and identifying options and recommendations
- Supporting the business through execution of business acceptance/user acceptance test cases
- Documenting of target business process and business readiness task list
- Internal stakeholder management
You will have experience working on projects in the financial services industry. You will also have:
- Experience within financial institutions and having worked on regulatory capital and liquidity projects previously
- A proven track record of delivering project outcomes
- Proven experience as a business analyst working on regulatory change projects and/or new platform implementations
- Ability to relay information to key stakeholders succinctly and with clarity
- An understanding of key testing principles and proven testing experience on data-focussed projects
- Comfort working with and interpreting large volumes of data
- Familiarity with Data modelling EBA taxonomy and / or Axiom would be highly advantageous
- An analytical mindset, with a close eye for detail
- Experience working with Agile would be advantageous
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and work independently
- Strong experience in project documentation and experience in all stages of project life cycles including analysis, design, build and test support and implementation
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement and management skills
- A flexible, proactive, solution-oriented approach
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you, please apply via the link below.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.