Business Analyst Regulatory Reporting 12 Mth FTC
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an excellent opportunity for a business analyst to join Macquarie's Projects and Change Team within the Financial Management Group in EMEA. We will look to you to have demonstrated experience in business analysis and project delivery, with emphasis on manual process improvement within Finance and/or Tax functions.
As a key member of a project team, involvement will extend through the project lifecycle, assisting with planning, impact assessment, solution design, testing, implementation, and post implementation support. You will also have the opportunity to engage with project managers, business subject matter experts and technology systems owners to supplement existing business and systems knowledge to document current and future state processes and conduct change impact analysis.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Create / update business requirements for new and refined requirements
- Working closely with technical analysts to ensure business and functional requirements are correctly translated into technical specifications
- Identifying, documenting and owning business acceptance test cases
- Executing detailed testing, validating results against documented requirements
- Identifying and investigating unexpected behaviours / patterns in input and output data
- Managing, reviewing, and analysing testing issues and identifying options and recommendations
- Supporting the business through execution of business acceptance/user acceptance test cases
- Documenting of target business process and business readiness task list
- Internal stakeholder management
To be successful, you have:
- A ’can do’ attitude with a proven track record of delivering project outcomes
- Proven experience as a business analyst working on Finance and/or Tax change projects and/or new platform implementations
- Ability to relay information to key stakeholders succinctly and with clarity
- An understanding of key testing principles and proven testing experience on data-focussed projects
- Comfort working with and interpreting large volumes of data
- Familiarity with Finance and/or Tax processes would be highly advantageous
- An analytical mindset, with a close eye for detail
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and work independently
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to develop complete, accurate and unambiguous documentation
- Experience in all stages of project life cycles including analysis, design, build and test, implementation, and post implementation support
- A flexible, proactive, solution-oriented approach
- Experience in the financial services industry is an advantage, but not a necessity
- CA/CPA qualifications are an advantage
If this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.