Technical Director - Energy Transition (pre-construction, late-stage development), Macquarie Capital EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Macquarie Capital has a rare opportunity within the Infrastructure & Energy Capital team for Technical Director (pre-construction, late-stage asset development) within Energy Transition to apply deep technical expertise to pipeline infrastructure investment projects.
Infrastructure and Energy Capital (IEC) invests Macquarie’s balance sheet to provide flexible capital to clients and partners with a broad mandate across Economic & Social, Digital and Energy Transition infrastructure sectors. With staff presence and a portfolio spanning the Americas, EMEA and APAC, Macquarie Capital possesses a track record and long history as one of Macquarie’s most dynamic entrepreneurial businesses.
You will primarily be responsible for technical and commercial diligence and implementation of the principal pipeline investment across energy transition assets in Europe. The Senior Vice President will be responsible for technical and commercial oversight for the development, construction and operating risks of new deals and existing assets that Macquarie Capital invests in. This includes the full range of energy transition assets with a focus on gas related projects, energy carriers as hydrogen and ammonia, bio-fuels, CCUS and core renewables.
As a Director on the IEC team, you will participate as a key member in the review of investment opportunities and lead key due diligence work streams leading up to material investment decisions in the early phase of the project evaluation. You will also oversee and drive value for investments once in the construction and operations phases.
Additionally, you will possess:
- Extensive industry knowledge of the energy sector including renewables covering wind, solar, BESS, DG, and hybrid models; conventional power; in addition to an understand of the newer energy transition sectors including bio-fuels, hydrogen and CCUS
- Experience with EPC, AM and O&M contract negotiations to drive operating performance and reduce operating costs;
- People management experience.
- Experience driving transformational change initiatives within organizations, including new technology implementations, organisation restructuring, and/or new operating processes to streamline operations;
- An understanding of best practices for project development, EPC contract management, and asset management of energy portfolios across multiple technology classes and geographic regions;
- Experience working with projects teams across Europe;
- Be adept at problem solving and critical thinking with a proven ability to multi-task and work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive