Commodities and Global Markets EMEA - SIMM Model Associate Risk Analyst, London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an Associate Risk Analyst to join the SIMM Model team in our Rates Valuations and Risk business function. This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure in a challenging role. Joining this team will give you breadth in exposure to trades in Energy, Agricultural, Metals, Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Credit markets and Equity Derivatives.
The London Rates Valuations and Risk team is part of a global team which works on global regulatory projects and internal initiatives spanning one or more divisions within our Commodities and Global Markets business. The SIMM Model team is responsible for monitoring and reporting the performance of the SIMM model against regulatory VaR, daily profit and loss, and Historical VaR. The team also ensures new products are correctly implemented in SIMM, assists desks in quantifying Initial margin requirements for new trades, an investigates and explains the sources of differences with our counterparties.
This role will enable you to gain a high-level understanding of the trading business in Commodities and Global Markets, while requiring you to develop a deeper understanding of specific businesses and transactions. The position will suit someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can work on multiple issues at a time.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in Structuring or Trading, FRTB, VAR, ISDA SIMM or Independent Product Valuation
- Degree in Finance or Quantitative fields. Relevant postgraduate degrees or professional qualifications (CFA) or similar are desirable
- 5+ years’ experience in Quant/Market Risk/Trade Support or similar roles - experience gained within an international financial institution or professional services firm
- Experience of managing a team and working in a fast-paced environment
- Programming skills, particularly in Python, is desirable.
- Analytical and lateral thinker with problem solving, consulting skills and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team of specialists.
If you enjoy a wide scope and using your strong problem-solving skills in a dynamic environment, then please apply now.
About Commodities and Global Markets
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.