Risk, Policy & Governance Senior Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Drive change and enhance risk management capabilities in a high-performing reporting team.
Our Financial Management Group’s strategy is to strengthen foundations and enable growth. It is through our culture of being curious, generous, and bold that we are able to partner with our internal and external customers to deliver quality solutions for complex demands and adapt to market, business and regulatory-driven change.
An excellent opportunity exists for you to showcase your experience in governance, compliance and operational risk management and play a key role in our EMEA Balance Sheet and Statistical Reporting (BSSR) team within the Financial Management Group.
You will join our BSSR team in London as a Senior Manager and report directly into the Associate Director, Head of BSSR. You will also have a functional reporting line to Head of Regional Finance, Commodities and Global Markets Financial Control to support you in your role.
You will be part of a purpose driven team dedicated to strengthening our foundations and enabling growth in this versatile work environment. You are a goal oriented, hardworking, people-focused individual with banking, assurance, control improvement, operational risk, and compliance experience. It is also desirable that you have working knowledge of regulatory risk concepts and standards, and familiarity with financial services businesses.
You will be collaborating with members within BSSR and related stakeholders to ensure consistently high standards of design, execution, and assurance of fit for purpose regulatory risk management frameworks, and ensure ongoing compliance through uplifting and enhancing governance, policies, training, reporting and assurance.
Your role objectives will also include:
- Regulatory and compliance matters within BSSR to comply with Regulatory Reporting Policy and Financial Control Standards, being the development, maintenance and implementation of processes, procedures and enhanced compliance controls including alert management and escalation practice within BSSR Production and Review teams.
- Operational risk management within BSSR, including but not limited to management of operational risk related incidents, issues raised in Open Pages, and business continuity plan. Ensuring BSSR regulatory obligations are kept up to date in the Open Pages risk register, and related controls are in place and effective.
- Reporting and monitoring of BSSR KRIs for escalation and reporting into relevant BSSR/Risk forums or committees. Evaluating KRI data to identify risk trends and emerging risks relevant for BSSR.
- Educating EMEA Regional Finance and stakeholders on global regulatory reporting risk expectations and challenges.
- Co-ordination of internal and external assurance.
You will use your expertise to establish processes and documentation, which will evidence compliance with the regulatory reporting control framework, including:
- advising BSSR Production and Review teams on updates to internal materiality thresholds and processes used to detect and report errors across all BSSR returns
- regular return risk rating assessment
- review of controls over key assumptions
- compliance with spreadsheet policy and incident management etc.
You will also monitor and implement new policies, control standards or framework enhancements including planning, self-assessment management and stakeholder engagement and Coordination of external audits and assurance activities, including liaison point for the external auditors, status updates, coordinating Production and Review team inputs. Providing inputs where relevant for Audit Committee and/or Board reports.
The role will also require ownership of the following day to day remit:
- Scoping and coordination of internal assurance activities, as key liaison for internal assurance functions (internal audit, BORM, and FORM etc.)
- Driving and ensuring ongoing compliance with the Enterprise Data Management policy requirements on behalf of consumers and collaborating with the SMEs as required.
- Preparation of materials and provision of inputs (e.g., KRIs) into reporting for Finance management/leadership and external regulator liaison papers, to enable oversight and evidence of the effective operation of the regulatory reporting governance framework.
- Engagement with BSSR stakeholders across the end-to-end return lifecycle to enhance the control framework
- Education over compliance, governance policies, frameworks, and enablers within BSSR including ad hoc risk advisory support and engagement with the broader Macquarie risk management community.
- Assisting with the oversight and management of BSSR risks, incidents, decisions, and actions – both Production and Review (BAU) and project related
- Ad hoc deep dives into areas of concern within the BSSR function as required.
What skills and qualifications will you bring to this role?
- Tertiary degree qualified in Business/Commerce with a CA qualification or equivalent
- 10+ years’ post qualified experience, with 5-8+ years in line 2 compliance function desirable.
- experience working in large financial services/investment banking industry, with previous exposure to regulatory reporting.
- prior experience in group level internal audit, assurance, operational risk roles are highly regarded.
- strong relationship building skills, stakeholder management and cross-functional engagement skills will also be paramount to your success in this role.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills across a variety of audiences
- analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- adaptability to change, ability to progress tasks independently, collaborative, motivated to deliver to a high quality, and demonstration of resilience to setbacks.
You will have tenacity, agility, and a proven ability to sustain high levels of performance in a fast-paced, output focused environment and be a natural collaborator who can initiate and lead conversations with business leaders regarding anticipated and emerging opportunities.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.