Technical Support Engineer - Azure Synapse Analytics
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
Within CE&S, the Customer Service & Support organization builds trust and confidence for every person and organization through delivering a seamless support experience. In CSS, we help customers and partners resolve their issues quickly, prevent future problems from occurring, and demonstrate new ways to achieve more from their Microsoft investment.
Within Customer Service and Support (CSS), our Digital Transformation Platform (DTP) group delivers world-class support for our global customers on their digital transformation journey. We provide valuable support solutions on a wide range of technologies, including Data analytics, Artificial Intelligence and IoT, Business Intelligence and Power BI, SQL, Dynamics 365, and Power Platform, that elevate our customers’ trust in Microsoft and improve their business performance.
In the Customer Service & Support (CSS) team we are looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success. As a Technical Support Engineer you will own, troubleshoot and solve complex customer technical issues. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your problem-solving, collaboration and research skills, and deepening your technical proficiency.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- You own, investigate and solve complex customer technical issues and act as a advisor to the customer, collaborating within and across teams and leveraging troubleshooting tools and practices
- You lead in building communities with peer delivery roles and share your knowledge through readiness programs, technical coaching and mentoring of others.
- You deepen your technical and professional proficiency to enable you to resolve complex customer issues, through training and readiness.
- You engage with Microsoft Engineering/ Supportability teams to investigate potential product defects and help develop automation techniques and diagnostic tools driving Microsoft product improvements
- Experience with Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data warehouse, or other MPP solutions.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals, Data loading and data storage principles
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Experience in MS BI tools such as SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services, Data tools.
- Experience in using Microsoft and other 3rd Party troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, Fiddler, Process Monitor/Explorer
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues
Considered a plus
- Experience in Configuring/Troubleshooting Drivers like ODBC, JDBC, GO, .Net
- Experience in analyzing the tcpdump, Fiddler Trace. Capturing the heap dump and analyzing the heap dump
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.