EMEA Industry Solutions Sales Specialists Lead
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Our Device Partner Solutions Sales team is seeking an entrepreneurial, revenue-driven, collaborative sales leader to build industry driven device opportunities, position the business for significant value creation, increase market share, and long-term growth for device partners.
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role as part of the Global Partner Solutions organization to achieve Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We build, market, and sell edge and cloud devices and solutions with our broad partner ecosystem that includes OEMs, IoT and Mixed Reality device manufacturers, device distribution channels, Original Design Manufacturers ( ODMs), and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to innovate with device partners, transform how we sell devices and services with partners and build devices that consume our cloud.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners engage consumers, students, and businesses worldwide. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business and helping to identify new areas of innovation. You will also join a people-first culture with values that support a growth mindset, diversity, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) mission is to maximize the intelligent edge & intelligent cloud opportunity with device builders and device channel partners, while delivering world class partner experiences and sales & marketing execution across the device partner ecosystem. We drive growth and transformation of the 3rd party device partner ecosystem and drive partner’s devices sales & solutions across the company and through all customer segments and industries. We are trusted advisors to the different engineering and marketing groups, and Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS). Through a deep understanding of the device business, local market insights, competitive landscape, partner ecosystem & associated trends and business models, lead as ‘One Microsoft’ to enable device + services innovation.
The EMEA Industry Solutions Sales Specialists Lead role is key to the Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) Partner Strategy and will drive the efforts to build, market and accelerate 3rd party and IoT device sales in targeted Industry verticals. In your role, you will oversee create partner led co-sell sales motions and execute them with partners across regions helping us light up Microsoft solutions in targeted industries, increase our value impact in customers business vs other vendors. The EMEA Industry Solutions Sales Specialists Lead role is expected to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the market for targeted Industry verticals, deep understanding of the partners’ business and channels they sell through, and Microsoft products/value and drive end to end relationship, structured partner account management rhythm and pipeline management.
This role will require some travel to maintain an ongoing relationship with the partner(s) and to several industry /internal team events, providing strategic leadership and operational support and expertise to drive and execute the Microsoft Strategy across all levels of the partner’s organization.
#MSFTGPS, #MSFTDPS, #MSFTDPSS
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Land prioritized key Industry scenarios, aligned with Industry IoT Team, with regional sellers across DPS, Customer Success and Partner Technology Sales.
- Create regional Partner Engagement Frameworks based on Industry solution priorities to determine how we land specialized partners increasing out value proposition to customers. Understand competing partners, identify gaps in partner portfolio and work with regional Industry and Partner Sales specialists and Customer Industry teams to drive alignment and connect edge device story across sales teams.
- Align Partner-led industry solutions, focus and scale through top partners solutions.
- Develop Customer Acquisition sales motions and land joint execution with Customer Success Units and Industry IoT Team
- Engage partners and develop a trusted-advisor relationship with partners to establish strategic alignment and drive growth. Understands and aligns partners' priorities, strategies, and goals with Microsoft’s to build mutually beneficial account plans.
- Execute regular partner reviews and quarterly business reviews to track plan execution, identified gaps, and agrees on any correction of errors.
Industry Solutions Sales
- Engage in conversations with partners/customers to introduce how workloads could enable digital transformation areas that is aligned with the partner’s industry and Microsoft solution areas.
- Collaborates with team members to discover new opportunities to drives incremental revenue growth aligned to Industry initiatives, marketing campaigns or internal sources, or directly with the account teams, partners, or services to build qualified pipeline, interfacing with customers to build relationships or via social selling.
- Identifies partners business needs and technical readiness related to industry priority scenarios. Collaborates with internal teams, partners, and services to propose prioritized solutions that align with customers' needs. Leverages the value propositions to communicate business impact of proposed solutions. Listens to customers to understand business outcomes.
- Develop an understanding of external stakeholders' mapping, including key decision makers and influencers. Participates with account teams in communication with business or subject matter decision makers at the partner's business.
- Implement strategies to help accelerate the closing of deals in collaboration with other team members. Implements closing plans (e.g., how to map timeline, engage the customer, get customer buy-in and commitment) to de-risk and drive predictable deal closure rates.
- Lead sales sell-thru advising device partner leadership on building a high-impact industry outcome.
- Develop and execute strategic partner business plans for all managed device partners that grow partner business and promote device sales and cloud consumption. Develop plans that fully consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with partner’s needs and capabilities.
- Helps lead the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business as it relates to industry and sell-thru motions.
Partner Sales and Consumption
- Possesses a challenger sales mindset and begin to apply this in interactions with partners. Orchestrates reviews of partner’s pipeline, top deals, and revenue targets.
- Coaches' account teams on top deals and ensure close alignment between the partners sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams. Supports the account teams on how to overcome obstacles, compete, create deal proposals, etc. as it relates to industry sell-thru.
- Technology-related sales or account management experience and Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration.
- Industry knowledge in two or more priority industries: Healthcare/Life Sciences, Retail, Energy and Manufacturing.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Technology-related sales or account management experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND sales or account management experience OR Master's Degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or technology-related sales or account management experience.
- Solution or services sales experience.
- Experience on working with multi-culture account teams and scaling in complex ICT sales projects across EMEA markets.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.