Cloud Solution Architect, Low Code
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
Enterprises are going through fundamental shifts in application development primarily driven by changing work force’s, growing need for digital experiences and shortage of developers' skills in the industry. Low code development is at a pivotal stage to enable rapid digital shift by democratizing application development at scale. At Microsoft, our big focus is to lean into this transformation with Microsoft Power platform embracing low code, no code along with code first methodology.
Are you someone, who believes in making software development accessible to all? Would you love to help us accelerate customer’s digital transformation? Are you ready for the opportunity to change the world one application at a time? If so, join us as we define the future with low code revolution.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) to help our customers accelerate time to value and drive rapid digital experiences. In this customer facing role, you will own the technical strategy, customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots and help them realize value with the Microsoft Power Platform investments.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
1) Understanding Customer/Partner Technical Environment: Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design and implement architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) infusing low code application development mindset.
2) Technical Leadership: Apply Microsoft Power Platform technical knowledge and customer insights to create an application modernization roadmap and rapid applications deployments for our enterprise customers.
3) Architecture Design and Deployment: Architect Frameworks, reusable components and solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical envisioning and proof of concepts for new projects and successful deployments, infusing key governance and security frameworks (e.g., Centre of excellence (COE), landing zone accelerators and ALM), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. APIM, Functions, ADO, GitHub etc).
4) Trusted advisor: As a deep technical advisor, proactively resolve blockers by providing pro-active support as well as technical readiness to customers. Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, Professional Developers and Citizen Developer teams who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates. Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
5) Consumption (Cloud & Support) growth: Lead resiliency reviews, technical optimization to ensure all solutions deployed exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability and increase customer business value. Drives efforts to ensure that the customer's environment and applications are well-architected. Assess the Customers' knowledge of Microsoft Cloud, Power platform and overall cloud readiness to support through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and partners in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Cloud platform.
6) Thought leadership: Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share best practices with the technical community. Be a Microsoft Cloud evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 4+ years experience working on technical projects.
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications).
- 8+ years of success in either consulting, cloud application architecture and low code no code app delivery required. Strong understanding of low code no code solutions market trends and value proposition. Enterprise-scale technical experience with Microsoft Power Platform, architecture capabilities, implementation requirements, integrations, and future roadmap.
- Enterprise Application development Knowledge: Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) Required
Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Deep domain expertise on application development best practices and DevOps, especially as it relates to no-code/low-code development
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform, Dynamics 365, Power Apps, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience in mapping business processes to Power Platform and Azure product capability and solution areas
- Understanding of application integration technologies is preferred.
- Certification in the following technologies preferred:
- Power Platform, i.e., PL-400 (Required) PL – 600 (Recommended)
- One or more Azure, Dynamics or M365 Certifications
- Competitive Landscape Understanding: Knowledge of other Low code development platforms - Appian, Pega, Mendix, Google App maker, Salesforce lightning and OutSystems - Preferred
- Partners Ecosystem Knowledge: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs. Preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.