Cloud Solution Architect, Defence - App Innovation
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience. Enterprises are going through fundamental shifts in application development primarily driven by changing work force’s, growing need for digital experiences and shortage of developers' skills in the industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate App Innovation Architect focusing on Azure Application Innovation to join the Customer Success Unit. This customer-facing position is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and production with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer technical obstacles and adoption challenges.
This is a customer facing role, responsible for the overall technical relationship between our Defence customers and Microsoft Azure Application Development Platform. You will own the Cloud App Dev technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and pilots.
The ideal candidate will have experience in large, complex customers preferably with experience in the Army/Navy/Air Force and the Defence sector generally. As well as success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding.
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
Security Clearance (SC/DV) required
- Industry Experience- Working with Defence Sector. Success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required
Subject matter expertise in ONE or more of the following:
- Deep domain expertise of Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management) required
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc. required
- One or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON required
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet).
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.