Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
What joining the Microsoft Team Means:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Impact you will be making:
As a Business Applications Architect in the London Microsoft Technology Centre (MTC), you will be working with some of the largest and most influential organizations in the country. You will be at the heart of our customer’s innovation, helping them create and implement a vision and strategy for their digital transformation. You will be part of a world-wide community of exceptional peers, you’ll have access to the latest software and hardware, and you’ll be given the time and budget to develop as a globally influential technical leader.
Our network of global MTCs are premium customer-facing facilities built to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross-workload solutions. We accelerate our customers’ digital transformation by understanding their needs and help them create the business opportunities of tomorrow.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Based at the London facility in Paddington, you will prepare and deliver technical engagements to senior decision makers from enterprise customers. These engagements include strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, rapid prototyping, and hackathons.
- Using your technical knowledge, consultancy skills and our methodology to win a customer’s decision to buy and use Microsoft products solutions.
- Due to the size and complexity of the opportunities which come to the MTC, they normally requirea cross-solution view to leverage capabilities across the range of Microsoft's products and services; and are rarely limited to a single technology solution.
- You will work collaboratively with account teams to determine the best engagements for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit and accelerate deals success.
- You will use your technical knowledge to show customers an inspiring digital vision, across all Microsoft workloads, as well as deeper engagement in your core specialism.
- You will map the agreed customer vision into a strategy for implementation, resolving concerns, removing technical blockers, and validating a strong business case for investment.
- You will work with the customer, wider account team resources and our partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
- You will help build communities, mentor others, co-ordinate and lead initiatives which help your peers across the worldwide organisation.
- Be an ambassador for the MTC across Microsoft and externally.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value on top of our Business Applications platform through Architecture Design Sessions, Ideation, Workshops, and Rapid Prototyping. Synthesize business and technical architecture requirements.
- Serve as the as the go-to technical expert in the business applications space for the regional sales team.
- Deliver speaking engagements evangelizing our Business Applications platform in business and industry conferences.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
- Structured facilitator.Experiencewith requirements elicitation, capture; prioritization; capturing evidence and impact to quantify business value; issue, risk and constraint identification.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners.
- Technicalbreadth. Intermediate level experience across a range of Microsoft cloud solutions, with a focus on Biz Apps.
- ExcellentCommunicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset.Experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused.
- Design Thinking. Experience of delivering design thinking; ‘ideation’; or similar context analysis / problem framing.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.