Internship Opportunity: AI4Science
Job Type: Full time
Over the coming decade, deep learning looks set to have a transformational impact on the natural sciences. The consequences are potentially far-reaching and could dramatically improve our ability to model and predict natural phenomena over widely varying scales of space and time. Our AI4Science team encompasses world experts in machine learning, computational chemistry, material science, quantum physics, molecular biology, fluid dynamics, software engineering, and other disciplines, who are working together to tackle some of the most pressing challenges in this field.
We are seeking interns to contribute to a program of research at the intersection of machine learning and the natural sciences. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research in a highly collaborative, diverse and global team of other researchers and engineers, to push the state of the art in deep learning for the natural sciences.
When submitting your application, include your CV with a list of publications and open-source software contributions as an attachment.
Please note that start dates for this internship will be between January 2023 - June 2023.
- Contribute to a high-impact research agenda within the context of a highly collaborative research culture.
- Write robust research code to test new approaches or develop novel theoretical and practical insights.
- Prepare technical papers, presentations, and open-source releases of research code.
A subset of the following:
- Understanding and hands-on research experience in machine learning or the natural sciences, demonstrated for example through research in a related PhD program.
- Publications in relevant top-tier journals or conference venues.
- Ability to write good quality code in Python, as well as familiarity with Git and code reviews.
- Desire to see research have real-world impact.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an interdisciplinary collaborative environment, evidenced by effective communication of technical concepts to people from different technical backgrounds.
Read more about AI4Science: Microsoft Research AI4Science - Microsoft Research
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.