Security Solutions Business Development Manager
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey.
Industry Solutions helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
We are looking for someone to help us drive one core outcome: get more Microsoft customers engaging with our Security Services professionals. In the role of Business Development Manager, you will be an expert on Microsoft’s Security Services strategy and work with the key stakeholders across sales and marketing in the region you are hired to evangelize the benefits of Microsoft Security Services. More specifically, how these services can ensure customers are making the most of Microsoft’s security products to secure their IT environments. In this role, you will be accountable to the number of customers in your region that are using Microsoft Security Services hero offers.
- Acts as a Security Subject Matter expert in support of Enterprise customer engagement in named accounts. This engagement could be one on one meetings, one to few meetings, or one to many workshops. Be well versed on advising customers on how to Build Zero Trust Foundations, Modernized Security and Defend against threats, Secure Azure, Hybrid and Multi-Cloud, Protect and Govern sensitive data, Manage and investigate risks, and Security as a Service (managed service).
- Build connections with CISO in Microsoft Strategic Accounts. Understand current and future focus areas for Chief Information Security Officers and opportunities for Microsoft to build greater customer value.
- Work closely with the Security Strategy Service Line and Solutions team to develop security Offerings/SKUs and drive security integration across other Industry Solutions teams and Solutions (e.g., Domains, other Service Lines, Industry teams). Orchestrate both Customer and Microsoft key resources in a virtual team environment to define solution vision and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Support the Account Team and Industry Solutions (Services) in developing, creating, and updating of the account security plan, aligning with the overall account plan strategy. Develop relationships with customer, CxO level Business and Technical Decision Makers, with a primary focus on CISOs. Lead security and compliance solution sales scenarios through understanding the customer’s long and short-term strategy, the industry, and the competition.
- Coach team members on identifying and qualifying security opportunities that map to Microsoft Security Offerings.
- Work to accelerate security deals orchestration by assisting the account team to developing value-based propositions and selling Security solutions mapped to customer business outcomes
- Recognized and rewarded experience selling enterprise security business solutions to large/global enterprise customers.
- Proven record of effective business development and sales: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, solution development, services/partner engagement, and value-based selling.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business leaders, especially CISO, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Cloud offerings and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies, together with security and compliance offerings relative to major Microsoft competitors.
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise software security solutions and platform competitor landscape. Including specific knowledge in key security domains across the entire customer environment, like Identity and Access Management, Threat Protection, Information Protection and Security as a Managed Service.
- Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence, and integration skills, working with the Account Teams and Industry Services teams as well as Marketing teams to develop demand generation.
- Candidates must have field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from competitors.
- The candidate must be confident and capable of delivering readiness to sales audiences and be able to represent the Cybersecurity solution sales business locally inside and outside of Microsoft, as well as be able to speak as a subject matter expert (SME) at industry or customer events
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, relevant industry security certifications desired (e.g., CISSP, CCSP).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.