Specialist Sales (Technology Solutions) Specialist Technical Unit: Internship Opportunities for University Students.
Job Type: Full time
Specialist Sales - Technology Solutions: Specialist Team Unit (STU)
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realise our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You will be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Microsoft’s 1-year Internship is an opportunity to spend an entire academic year working for one of the biggest Technology companies in the world, as a full-time paid employee, before returning to university to complete your degree. Students join us for the internship in July and it takes place between your second and last year of university.
- Start date: July 2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Job type: Internship
- Location: Reading
- Working pattern: Flexible working - You will benefit from up to 50% worksite flexibility, dependent on the needs of the role (50% office / 50% home working)
About the role
Specialist Sales (Technology Solutions) Specialist Team Unit
As a Specialist Sales (Technology Solutions) Specialist, you identify our customers’ challenges and solve them through the latest software and services solutions. You will be our customers’ trusted consultant, thoroughly evaluating the health of their IT platforms and development environments and diagnosing areas for improvement. Your solutions drive measurable value, helping customers run their businesses more cost-effectively and efficiently and giving them a competitive edge in their marketplace.
- Positions Microsoft solutions in competitive landscape through research and collaboration utilising industry expertise to differentiate Microsoft solutions.
- Identifies market and customer needs and collaborates with internal teams to devise solutions to meet those needs.
- Develops and manages pipeline for territory and forecasts resource needs.
- Meets with customers on site to deepen relationships and solution development.
- Currently pursuing or have completed bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field OR recently graduated.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed.
- Fluency in English as well as the local language required.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.