Cloud Solution Architect: Internship Opportunities for University Students
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realise our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You will be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Microsoft’s 1-year Internship is an opportunity to spend an entire academic year working for one of the biggest Technology companies in the world, as a full-time paid employee, before returning to university to complete your degree. Students join us for the internship in July and it takes place between your second and last year of university.
- Start date: July 2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Job type: Internship
- Location: Reading
- Working pattern: Flexible working - You will benefit from up to 50% worksite flexibility, dependent on the needs of the role (50% office / 50% home working)
About the role
Cloud Solutions Architect
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products. The goal is to assist the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer or partner needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. Based on the tremendous opportunity for digital transformation across every organisation, you will focus on one of four key solution areas: Modern Workplace, Business Applications, Apps & Infrastructure, and Data & AI.
As a CSA you will either be placed in our Customer Success Unit (CSU) or the Global Partner Solutions Team (GPS)
- Applies foundational technical knowledge of an architecture solution to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints.
- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner by learning to identify and share feedback around technical capabilities, gaps, blockers, and insights that relate to the customer/partner with internal teams, using established channels.
- Solicits input from others to contribute to proposals for viable solutions based on specific technical products.
- Demonstrates basic technical concepts and proves those design solutions capability through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
- Supports research projects and contributes to scoping surveys for customers/partners to assess potential intellectual property (IP) needs or process changes.
- Participates in external architect community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with the internal team.
- Participates in discussions around architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization that result in production deployment application and increase customer business value.
- Ensures that the customer's environment and applications are well-architected.
Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, (STEM) or related field.
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management across senior leaders, partners, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Technical Certification in Cloud technology (e.g., Azure) preferred but not required.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.