Customer Success Management: Internship Opportunities for University Students
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realise our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You will be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Microsoft’s 1-year Internship is an opportunity to spend an entire academic year working for one of the biggest Technology companies in the world, as a full-time paid employee, before returning to university to complete your degree. Students join us for the internship in July and it takes place between your second and last year of university.
- Start date: July 2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Job type: Internship
- Location: Reading
- Working pattern: Flexible working - You will benefit from up to 50% worksite flexibility, dependent on the needs of the role (50% office / 50% home working)
About the role
Customer Success understands their customers’ industry and business processes, which may include an industry or vertical focus such as Banking, Healthcare, or Manufacturing. Promotes adoption of technology by helping the customer optimize the utilization of their products, demonstrating features beyond core functionality, ensuring Best Practice adoption.
- Communicates business value of solutions for customer organisation through demonstrations, storytelling, etc.
- Observes and listens to senior colleagues to build knowledge of relevant customer stories and industry, competitive, and/or Microsoft best practices to support business outcomes.
- Acts as the voice of the customer and Partner by learning to identify and share feedback around technical capabilities, blockers, and insights that relate to the customer with internal teams (e.g., Engineering), leveraging relevant tools (e.g., OneList). Responds to feedback and supports positive change within Microsoft.
- Influences customer strategy and future growth for Microsoft by contributing to customer preference for Microsoft programs/solutions that drive impact for the customer, including use of reference cases.
- Provides feedback to Microsoft on customer development needs.
- Engages with business and technical stakeholders by providing tactical feedback to help customers define and realise their digital and business transformational targets.
- Applies understanding of change management (e.g., Prosci, transformation framework, self-assessment tools) in the context of Microsoft's practices to build credibility with customers in engagements.
- Drives awareness of importance of change management in partnership with customer.
- Leverages development opportunities (e.g., mentorships, role-based resources, participates in trainings) and builds partnerships with technical teams (e.g., Cloud Solutions Architects, Fastrack, Engineering) to build own Customer Success discipline expertise, including technical and product skills.
Leverages development opportunities (e.g., mentorships, role-based resources, participates in trainings) and builds partnerships with technical teams (e.g., Cloud Solutions Architects, Fastrack, Engineering) to build own Customer Success discipline expertise, including technical and product skills.
Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management across senior leaders, partners, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Technical Certification in Cloud technology (e.g., Azure) are preferred but not required.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.