Customer Success Account Manager: Internship Opportunities for University Students
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realise our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You will be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Microsoft’s 1-year Internship is an opportunity to spend an entire academic year working for one of the biggest Technology companies in the world, as a full-time paid employee, before returning to university to complete your degree. Students join us for the internship in July and it takes place between your second and last year of university.
- Start date: July 2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Job type: Internship
- Location: Reading
- Working pattern: Flexible working - You will benefit from up to 50% worksite flexibility, dependent on the needs of the role (50% office / 50% home working)
About the role
Customer Success Account Manager
The Customer Success Account Manager builds and executes shared plans with customers. Manages customer executive relationships through business reviews, strategic escalations, and administration of customer contracts. Enable customers to use their benefits effectively. Provides direction for other members of the Account Team to develop a deep understanding of their customer’s business and technical objectives.
- Learns customer engagement role and develops foundational relationships with key customer stakeholders (e.g., Information Technology Directors, Chief Technical Office [CTO], Chief Innovation Officer [CIO], Line-of-Business leaders) and technical professionals to enable quality solution delivery and health using partnerships with other account team leaders (e.g., Account Executive, Account Technology Strategist) and with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Engages in conversations with customers that present the strategic alignment between the customer objectives and support contract to set a long-term strategy for consumption aligned to those priorities.
- Captures, communicates, and brings forward recommendations from customer insights to sellers in identifying and producing support revenue opportunities (e.g., add-ons, renewals).
- Connects identified opportunities, questions, and/or issues from customer organizations. Works with the appropriate internal Microsoft technical/sales teams or partners to address, using foundational technical knowledge to identify the right internal teams. Begins to take ownership for team coordination. Identifies and mitigates blockers to customer success goals.
Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management across senior leaders, partners, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Technical Certification in Cloud technology (e.g., Azure) are preferred but not required.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.