Partner Technology Strategist - Azure
Location: Greater London, Greater Manchester, Reading
Job Type: Full time
Do you love technology? Do youwant to make companies more successfulby applying technology? Do youenjoy helping people tobridge the gap between business needs and howtechnologycan transform them? If so, then we have the job for you. We are looking forsomeone with a passion formakingtechnologydeliver real-world valueto join the Microsoft UKGlobal Partner Solutions(GPS)Team.
MicrosoftCEOSatyaNadellahas defined ourmission to empowerevery individual andeveryorganizationon the planet to achieve more.As a Partner Technology Strategist (PTS) you will be working with some of our most influential Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners who sell solutions built on the Microsoft cloud platforms, providing them with the information, inspiration and advice they need to achieve more. Throughthesepartners, Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to joinour team to help shapethe world’s largest eco-system of technologypartnersworking to digitally transformevery industry’smost innovative companies, large and small.You will beworking withMicrosoftpartnersdeliveringtechnicalengagementfrom solution envisioning,build, release, through go-to-market and strategic customer sales.Being able to work effectively with others is a must. You willcollaborateclosely withPartneraccountmanagers,technicaland customerteams,product engineering and executive leaders, from right across Microsoft UK and globally. ThePTSowns the technical relationshipand roadmapwith the partner,influencing theirtechnologystrategyandbuilding out joint objectivesfor transformational benefits to the partner, the end customer, and Microsoft.
We embrace flexible working as a core principle of reinventing productivity, and you’llhave the abilityto work from home, our offices around the country, customer sites or yourfavouritecoffee shop next to the gym,to suit your circumstances andget your job done.Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and embraces workforce diversity. We have an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility and an informal culture. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those of others close to you.
- Executive Stakeholder Management. Build trusted relationships with Technical Decision Makers.
- Technology Strategy Planning.Create engagement plans supporting joint business outcomes between the partner & Microsoft.
- Evangelism. Evangelise partners’ practices and solutions in customers’ implementations. Evangelise Microsoft’stechnology vision and key strategic investments.
- Technical Enablementand Execution. Jointly develop technicaldevelopment andenablement planswith partners.Lead and/or contribute to the delivery of workshops, bootcamps, and trainingnecessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners
- Leading Virtual Teams. Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering,Global Black Beltand other technicalteams on specific requirements for partners and the sharing ofcurrent practices.
- DirectTechnical Engagement. Lead the execution of deep technical engagements, including:Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, and Hackathons with the goal of bringing new solutions to market.
- Pre-SalesAssistance. Enabling and supportingtechnical pre-saleswith Partnersdelivering keyinitial partners’ wins
- Technical Acumen. Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends, opportunities, and competitive insights by staying abreast ofindustry trends and understanding technology capability through training and hands-on application.
- Product Development. Improve partners’ success in implementing solutionsby encoding goodpracticesinto repeatable patterns for broader application.
- Networking. Build an expansivenetwork of partnerand Microsofttechnical contacts,relevant industry influencers and any other connections that will enable you and your peers deliver outstanding results in collaboration.
- Event Contributions. Participate inpartner-ledtechnicalevents,panels and user groups, provide insights, and contribute work that is shared across communities.
- Passionate about technology.A passion for emerging cloud computing trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
- Craftsmanship.Interest inmodern software developmentmethodologies & toolingoncloud platformssuch as Azure.
- People-person.Values trust relationships and is able to build these at various levels, with partners and Microsoft,fromdelivery teamsand peersthoughtoMicrosoftexecutivesand Partnersenior leadership teams.Is inclusive and collaborative, seeking diversity inthose they work with.
- Communicator.Able to translatecomplex informationinto easily understandable key points.
- Outcome-driven.Determined to deliver the best value for any commitment to all parties.
- SoftwareProductDevelopment. Experience of project architecture, design, implementation,deployment,and/or support ofenterprise-gradeapplications.
- Executive Engagement.Experience inbuildingand managingdeep relationships withCxOsin strategicorganizations.
- Delivering to Requirements.Proven track record ofdelivering complexsolution/projectsinvolving multiple stakeholders, mixed technology platforms and against aggressive deadlines.
- Leadership.Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams; Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences at different levels of organizations.
- Responsibility without Authority.Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict and Problem Resolution.Ability to solve Partnertechnologyproblems throughcreative ideas,negotiation, innovation withcloud technologies,with the help ofinternal and/or external resources.
- Enterprise Exposure.Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within aleadingSoftwareand/or Services companyis preferred.
- CloudInfrastructuresolutions, design, best practices and/or cloud adoption frameworks relating to application modernisation and re-platforming (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies).Required
- Cloud applicationdesign, software architecture and practices, development solutions, scalable solution architectures, container orchestration and/or application modernization for Public Cloud (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure for DevOps, Jenkins, SCRUM, ALM, C#, Java, PHP, Python, Azure App Service, API Management, serverless technologies).Preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.