Partner Specialist - Technology Sales: Intern Opportunities for University Students
Job Type: Full time
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realise our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.Learn more about our cultural attributes
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You will be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Microsoft’s 1-year Internship is an opportunity to spend an entire academic year working for one of the biggest Technology companies in the world, as a full-time paid employee, before returning to university to complete your degree. Students join us for the internship in July and it takes place between your second and last year of university.
- Start date: July 2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Job type: Internship
- Location: Reading
- Working pattern: Flexible working - You will benefit from up to 50% worksite flexibility, dependent on the needs of the role (50% office / 50% home working)
About the role
Partner Specialist - Technology Sales:
As a Partner Specialist in Technology Sales, you will act as the daily face of Microsoft to our partner channel. We enable partners to support customers' digital acceleration, drive new growth, and create real-world impact, whether through simple applications or complex integrations. You are accountable for driving the performance of a managed portfolio of partners, by business priority, with a primary focus on Microsoft cloud services (O365, Azure and Dynamics 365) and complementary products. The goal is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on the partners’ strengths and priorities. The Partner Specialist represents Microsoft to our partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to engage with multiple customer segments within Microsoft (SMB, Corporate, Enterprise and Strategic) making this an exciting way to learn about the wider business and the range of Microsoft customer teams.
- Recruits, onboards, and manages relationships with Microsoft partners; differentiates the value of partnering with Microsoft versus competitors.
- Aligns partners to strategic accounts and identifies market opportunities through industry analysis and intelligence.
- Supports partner readiness through selling strategies, marketing plans, and portfolio optimisation.
- Analyses business metrics to assess performance and identify areas for growth.
- Orchestrates and collaborates with a virtual team to drive tangible results and Return-On Investment, for both Microsoft and the partner.
Currently pursuing or have completed a Bachelor's OR Master's degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling.
- Desire to develop excellent negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in pursuing a sales career in the technology sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.