Business Applications ISV Partner Development Management
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
This portfolio includes our top 8 Managed ISVs in the Business Application space. These include 2 Global ISVs with material Azure footprint, and the portfolio spans multiple industries.
Microsoft Business Leader
- Leads the creation of a strategic vision rooted to the partners impact and potential across segments. Demonstrates an expert understanding of the partners business and conveys the value of partnering with Microsoft based on the business opportunity and possible competition. Responsible for establishing new market partnerships by working with market makers and making connections. Begins to think longer term regarding the possibility of making larger deals.
- Sells account vision to decision makers and complex partners by aligning overall Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions to the partner's business goals. Leads prep sessions and roundtables to influence partners strategy. Shares market opportunities and gaps in partners strategy for others to address. Understands the partners organization and builds stakeholder maps to expand network.
- Identifies market opportunities based on industry gaps and emerging trends in solution/product areas. Leverages internal competitive intelligence to identify opportunities aligned with business goals. Reaches out to industry leads for assistance as appropriate.
- Engages partners and develops a trusted-advisor relationship with partners to establish strategic alignment and drive growth. Understands and aligns partners' priorities, strategies, and goals with Microsoft’s to build mutually beneficial account plans. Executes regular partner reviews and quarterly business reviews to track plan execution, identified gaps, and agrees on any correction of errors.
- Leads business-design briefings advising partner leadership on building a high-impact Microsoft Services practice. Develops and executes strategic partner business plans for all managed partners that grow partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation. Develops plans that fully consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with partner’s needs and capabilities.
- Helps lead the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business. Influences partner to create a learning culture. Applies and offers various sales and tech trainings and bootcamps to increase the partners' capabilities.
Partner Sales and Consumption
- Possesses a challenger sales mindset and begins to apply this in interactions with partners. Orchestrates reviews of partner’s pipeline, top deals, and consumption targets. Coaches the partner on top deals and ensure close alignment between the partners sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams. Supports the partners' sales leaders on how to overcome obstacles, compete, create deal proposals, etc.
- Helps lead campaigns with various functional areas and the partners marketing teams. Oversees planning, campaign tactics, offers, and incentives. Ensures core activities are agreed upon before executing and helps to coordinate resources. Ensures sales targets are clear and that actions and accountabilities are being routinely followed up.
- Leads and implements assessments of the partners' journey of building world class teams and helps to oversee the sharing of assessment results with other Partner Development Managers (PDMs) and the partners.
- Leverages internal resources to develop Go-to-Market (GTM) and co-selling strategies that define activities and expectations to meet Microsoft and partner sales goals. Prioritizes accounts for developing GTM strategies. Advises partner on meeting various program, sales, and tech requirements. Shadows other Partner Development Managers (PDMs) through orchestration and acceleration of removing roadblocks, including internal escalation(s) as needed. Helps partners understand what a consumption-led business is and how it operates and coaches partners around consumption economics (e.g., leverages reports, analyses, etc.).
- Supports partner readiness by assisting partners in the development and execution of marketing plans with guidance to generate customer sales (e.g., campaigns, incentives, and promotions). Secures marketing resources (e.g., go to market offers) to assist partners with developing marketing plans.
- Evaluates managed partner portfolio to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps in partner accounts. Proposes existing products and solutions or recommends new solutions in which partners can jointly invest to fill gaps. Aligns partner needs and interests with market opportunities.
- Ensures results on partner's behalf through resolution of complex and urgent escalations. Leads the orchestration of response to the partner to ensure timely action and resolution from internal teams. Advocates to and guides other groups in prioritizing partners' solutions and issues. Champions internal processes that benefit partners and brings insights into the organization around what the partner experience looks like.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 5+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Business Science, or an advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) or a related field AND 8+ years partner management, sales, developer, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.