Partner Specialist - Technology Sales: Full-Time Opportunities for University Graduates
Job Type: Full time
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Every year, we welcome thousands of university students from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
We are a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more and when you begin your career with us, we empower you through the Microsoft Aspire Experience. Those hired into the roles listed below are invited to participate in this two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses. Come build community, explore your passions, and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of University graduates from every corner of the world.
- Start date: 01/09/ 2023
- Duration: 24 Months
- Job type: Full time
- Location: Reading
- Work type: Flexible working - You will benefit from up to 50% worksite flexibility, dependent on the needs of the role (50% office / 50% home working)
About the role
Partner Specialist - Technology Sales
As a Partner Specialist, you will act as the daily face of our company to our partner channel. You are accountable for driving performance of a managed portfolio of partners, by business priority, with a primary focus on Microsoft cloud services (O365, Azure and Dynamics 365) and complementary products. The goal is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on the partners’ strengths and priorities. The Partner Specialist presents Microsoft to our partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to engage with multiple customer segments within Microsoft (SMB, Corporate, Enterprise and Strategic) making this an exciting way to learn about the wider business and the range of Microsoft customer teams.
- Recruits, onboards, and manages relationships with Microsoft partners; differentiates the value of partnering with Microsoft versus competitors.
- Aligns partners to strategic accounts and identifies market opportunities through industry analysis and intelligence.
- Supports partner readiness through selling strategies, marketing plans, and portfolio optimisation.
- Analyses business metrics to assess performance and identify areas for growth.
- Orchestrates and collaborates with a virtual team to drive tangible results and Return-On Investment, for both Microsoft and the partner.
- Currently pursuing or have completed a Bachelor's OR Master's degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling.
- Interest in pursuing a sales career in the technology sector.
- Good negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.