Job Type: Full time
At Microsoft, we believe in what people make possible. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Collaborating closely in a diverse and inclusive environment with customers of all sizes you will work in partnership with Microsoft’s sales teams and business groups to develop strategies for increasing Azure, Microsoft 365, and Dynamics revenue and accelerating customer satisfaction. We are looking for self-motivated people who love building relationships, analyzing business deals, simplifying complex scenarios, and creating deal pricing and terms which represent a mutual win for customers and Microsoft.
Deep Proactive Engagement
- Collaborates with various sellers and business stakeholders in order to achieve revenue targets. Leverages critical resources (e.g., business desk, sales support, partners, finance) to drive business outcomes. Orchestrates high levels of strategic conversations internally or externally. Proactively engages with others to align commercial strategy to customer needs. Serves as trusted business partner and advisor to partners to ensure that solutions are aligned to customer commercial strategic needs. Acts as a trusted advisor to determine how commercial licensing and contracting should be changed to best meet customer needs. Drives accountability in resolving cross-functional issues to successful conclusion. Engages in feedback loop to corporate to improve/simplify contractual commercial to meet business needs or market opportunities. Contribute to overall success by driving strong team collaboration, cross segment and cross group collaboration. Contributes to teams by sharing knowledge, supporting the onboarding of others in the same role and proactively seeking help.
- Leverages knowledge of customer business needs and desired outcomes to achieve revenue goals using ethical selling methods. Contributes to developing pricing scenarios and proposals; and develops industry knowledge and conducts competitive analysis to contribute to crafting commercial solutions. Acts as a trusted advisor both internally and with customers in the sales process. Ensures appropriate monetization of commercial solutions. Contributes to early engagement, planning and ideation process. Contributes to account territory planning appropriately. Crafts close plan strategies. Aligns language of renewal or negotiation to customer's understanding.
- Leads internal sales and management teams through sales process optimizing for the right level of investment and customization. Accomplishes tasks across stakeholders with appropriate breadth and depth. Crafts deals that will process, including any standard or custom amendments and documentation. Leverages internal resources to assist with customer queries regarding contract terms. Finalizes legal amendments reflecting operational and other requirements; granted in specific customer situations. Handles objections and may negotiate contractual amendments within empowerment. Contributes to the development of deal strategies to present offers to clients. Engages with stakeholders to ensure that efforts are executed effectively and that milestones are being reached. Ensures that the appropriate value has been sold and that the deployment plan has been considered. Leverages understanding of sales science (e.g., pipeline metrics, closed rates, competitive selling) to establish a strategic sales execution cadence. Analyzes multiple data inputs quickly and develops strategic decision making to ensure the best sales and revenue production and velocity through management team where appropriate. Develops an outlook on upcoming business opportunities for their territory.
- Proactively identifies business opportunities which vary based on deal lifecycle and artificial intelligence (AI) (e.g., upsell/cross-sell, expanding footprint, transformational). Uses knowledge of both customer and Microsoft commercial strategies to seize new opportunities that grow the Microsoft annuity footprint. Proactively consults account team unit (ATU) to maximize pipeline conversion. Prioritizes execution appropriately. Leverages knowledge to secure upsells for proven value. Works with account teams to identify growth opportunities and solutions. Creates and utilizes multiple equivalent offers (MEOs) that further internal alignment and maximize desired outcomes. Oversees offers. Demonstrates knowledge of monetization of products and solutions. Understands limitations on deal making (e.g., understands when it is appropriate and not appropriate to follow through with a deal). Develops customer-centric offers by engaging with and aligning account teams around the deal(s) that they are casting. Works alongside account team members to determine how opportunities in the account plan may be most effectively monetized. Builds the best contract structure to enable capitalization on opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of best practices and strategies to accomplish goals. Understands product strategy per solution area. Analyzes competitive positioning and use cases. Possesses and utilizes knowledge of industry, competition, and Microsoft offering to accomplish goals. Provides feedback to align pricing and offers commercial strategies to meet customer needs. Provides alternatives and recommendations internally and externally. Demonstrates agility in aligning business strategies within region. Actively pursues learning opportunities and reinforces understanding of local subsidiary strategy. Helps other team members understand Microsoft/customer business strategies and why they are important for accomplishing goals. Creates clarity in their work and encourages others to do the same. Ensures that their peers follow through on plans.
- Ensures that customer/partner support/account teams deliver value during lifecycle management planning and that they are aligned with teams on customer/partner priorities, strategies, and budget to better structure deals that drive annuity and cloud growth. Initiates and develops challenger relationships with customers/partner to understand their priorities and strategies, and structures deals that drive value and contribute to Microsoft growth through attainment of revenue-based, share-based, and/or consumption-based quota. Demonstrates empathy with high-level customers and partners. Grows share and adoption while simultaneously driving business value for customers. Balances customer/partner and Microsoft needs; when crafting value-based solutions. Represents customer and partner requirements in proposals. Translates requirements into proposals. Identifies issues and potential recommendations for internal stakeholders to help solve customer/partner issues. Leverages knowledge about customer/partner priorities and industry challenges to solve problems. Simplifies commercial strategies for customers and partners. Orchestrates the right resources to solve partner issues in deals.
Mastering Key Skills
- Creates and manages commercial plan/contributes to account plan for strategic accounts by mapping out how to maximize qualified medium in size/scope or complex commercial opportunity for the account. Analyzes customer commercial opportunity history, inclusive of discounts, concessions, and consumptions for territory. Anticipates upcoming renewals as appropriate.
- Ensures adherence to commercial solutions policy for commercial deal execution, inclusive of regulatory laws and principles in local markets, company policies, and guidance for consistent deal making. Coaches sales team to ensure compliance. Maintains and ensures others' sales and negotiation strategies adhere to established guidelines, policies and legal standards. Works with high-risk deal desk (HRDD) where applicable and audit teams. Leverages relevant tools including business conduct and integrity, appropriately and confidentially. Actively and promptly raises compliance issues as needed directly to the appropriate compliance organization. Supports less experienced team members in addressing compliance investigations. Pre-empt and advise on potential non-compliance issues and redirect appropriately. Trusted advisor on compliance (e.g., General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]). Takes active interest in corporate governance and compliance, stays up to date on compliance issues and shares knowledge with others. Drives a culture of compliance through the sales deal execution related parts of Microsoft policy (e.g., anti-corruption policy). Ensures that win/win-compliant deal making occurs while commercial solutions.
- Analyzes deals for risks related to contract growth, partner channel risk, profitability (supported by Business Desk as needed), legal issues, and contracting. Assesses and escalates risk as needed. Coaches others on assessment and escalation of risk as needed. Leverages both corporate and local resources. Keeps up to date with current tools. Judges when to take risks (e.g., market making deal).
- Defines and negotiates complex commercial terms in collaboration with the account team and licensing executive (LE). Understands stakeholders (priority). Develops a formal negotiation strategy and identifies important factors for successfully negotiating (e.g., anticipates potential vulnerabilities, understands customer measurement of value in order to craft solutions to meet those needs defines walk-away positions). Defines rhythm of negotiation team planning and reporting to stakeholders. Establishes the strategy for the negotiation approach by engaging with senior stakeholders internally and externally. Drives accountability and the negotiation outcome.
- Demonstrable sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Law, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.