Senior Information Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse £1 billion employee-owned, engineering and development consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world. We are a value driven company, employee owned and the first engineering, management and development consultancy to be certified carbon neutral, globally.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focussing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are looking for Senior Information Manager to join our enthusiastic, ambitious and growing Information Management team. You will be part of our Information Management network responsible for implementing the latest digital design delivery methods and improved ways of working within our division.
About the team:
You will be part of our entrepreneurial and growing team which provides industry-leading, award-winning consultancy services. We work with our clients helping them to harness opportunities, including digital to tackle their complex challenges. We do this by bringing together the best of our Information management and engineering domain knowledge and digital know-how. Our clients are predominantly in the transport sector managing major delivery projects or portfolios based in the UK and North America.
Capitalizing on great people and great relationships:
As well as bringing an established network of contacts to the role that will help foster growth of the business, we want you to be a proactive participant in the information management market, keeping abreast of industry best practice. It's important that you take every opportunity to enhance the Mott MacDonald brand and highlight our capabilities. We also want you to help develop our people capacity and capability within the team, giving them the guidance, mentoring and support needed to enable high performing teams and help grow our pool of talented resources.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in information management and is passionate about providing quality service to clients. It is important that we find someone who has a demonstrable passion for delivering information management excellence or a track record in successful project delivery, experience working on major project delivery would be beneficial as well as familiarity with the principles of lean and agile working.
We are a dynamic and growing team and challenge ourselves to think big and scale-up fast. To thrive, you will need strong analytical and leadership skills, be comfortable working with disruptive technologies and at times challenge current practice.
If this sounds like you, we would also like to you have:
- Degree or Masters in a STEM discipline
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartership
- Hands on and practical insight of the latest BIM and digital IM processes and tools.
- Relevant delivery experience in the engineering industry or closely related engineering consulting role
- Good technical knowledge of a range of software platforms, databases (SQL) and tools (PowerBI).
- Strong delivery skills and project management experience
- Eagerness to develop new skills and to further expand the knowledge within different areas of information management
- Ability to lead projects and manage a team of consultants
- Experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM or KANBAN
- Confident to work autonomously
- Strong team player, and able to work effectively and inclusively with remote teams.
- Ability to work in a fluid, unstructured environment with a can-do, positive and pro-active attitude and seeing things through to the end.
- Willingness to support and ultimately own client relationships
- Be an excellent team player focused on achieving our vision.
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.