Digital Lead - Transportation
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We have been successful in making digital an imperative. We must now build on that success. The next stage in our journey is to build on the accountability for digital delivery to driving value outcomes for our clients' business. Unlocking the full business potential of today's digital technologies and tomorrow's emerging trends is now as important a factor of market success as balance sheet strength and social license to operate.
Emerging digital trends have the potential to be disruptive - breaking and remaking industry business models, creating new definitions of value in markets, delivering new forms of delivering and winning work.
Tightly coupled with business goals and markets, you will need to think and act 'in the round'. They will be called upon to tackle everything from driving improvement towards our clients' business KPIs, to managing the challenges of digital ethics as we bring the full breadth of the group's most important resource, our people, along with us.
This amazing opportunity can be based at any of our UK offices.
You will have skills and experience that show:
- An understanding of engineering, construction and infrastructure in the transport sector.
- Applied experience of digital and digital transformation in the transport sector - people, process and technology.
- Demonstrable experience of business development and client relationship management within a project delivery setting. Customer-centric perspective, management of complex client relationships and the ability to understand clients' needs and challenges.
- a strong understanding of our clients' business models, digital trends and business landscape; you will be acting as an advisor to our clients on how digital can be used strategically, as front-line business tool and differentiator to drive value through our clients' businesses.
- a proven ability to deliver quantifiable client business benefit from digital technology at scale; including leadership of digital change initiatives and the development of digital transformational programmes.
- Strong communication and presenting skills, polished creative/technical writing.
- you are familiar with digital trends in the built environment, and ability to horizon-scan, translating abstract digital futures into real-world business intelligence and strategies including scenario planning, and lifecycle management from ideation to real-world implementation, stabilisation, and benefits-realisation.
- you have an ability to build advocacy for the role of digital technology in business delivery across diverse groups of people;
Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of the decarbonisation agenda in the transport sector
- Knowledge of the energy and built environment sectors
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
This position will report to the Unit Development Manager/Unit General Manager. You will work closely with the Regional Digital Delivery Leader.
Be accountable to the Unit General Manager and the Regional Digital Delivery Leader for the performance of digital delivery for the unit, being measured on both adoption and business impact targets.