Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Project Manager you will contribute to the team;
- Delivery on time within cost and to stated quality standards
- Ensure the embedding of sustainability principles
- Effective management of health, safety and wellbeing of all those engaged on the project
- Deliver within specified internal and client governance tolerances
- Ensure the relevant safety management system has been employed
- Coordinate and manage contract requirements (NEC) relating to design solutions, construction and commissioning.
- Collaborate with the Technical lead as per the delivery strategy to ensure excellence in Health and Safety in design
- Be accountable for the expenditure, and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation through specified governance.
- Ensure effective communication and interfaces with the supply chain and procurement functions.
- Be responsible for ensuring the change control process is followed including managing and recording all change to time, cost and quality.
- Active stakeholder management to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions.
- Manage project risk and opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce risk.
- Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard.
- Maintain excellent communications with the client and wider programme team.
- Be responsible for the project programme. Work with multidisciplinary delivery teams to update the programme as required.
- Ensure the effective and efficient close out of all projects
All locations based in North West England will be considered.
Required for the position of PROJECT MANAGER
- A degree in engineering or project management subject
- A relevant professional qualification with the APM or Prince 2
- Full Membership, or working towards full membership of a relevant chartered body; MAPM, MCIWEM, MICE, MCIOB, MRICS etc..
Preferred, but not required
- Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement
- Experience of managing projects within the Water and Environment Sector
- Experience of NEC contracts and their practical application
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to foster and promote collaborative working relationships
- Experience of working 'client side' for the Environment Agency, DEFRA or other RMA's would be an advantage
- If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
Our environment and water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency. Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance. For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over £0.5billion. Additionally we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation. We currently work with around half of the UK's regulated water and wastewater companies.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence