Assistant Land Consultant
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
A bit about the role…
Whilst reporting directly to the experienced Land Advisory Land Consultant, you'll be assisting in multiple projects and workstreams on major infrastructure schemes, delivering detailed, high quality land ownership information for our clients. You will gather this information by researching Land Registry records and Ordnance Survey maps, searching databases, liaising with land owners and their agents. The focus of this exciting role and opportunity is to support the team delivering on some of the UK's biggest infrastructure programmes.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Extensive stakeholder co-ordination; including liaising with the general public, property owners, resident associations, land agents, local authorities and solicitors
- Working with our GIS & Mapping team to interpret spatial data and produce Land Ownership and Access Plans
- Assisting with the production of Standing Orders notices, access agreements and associated access plans
- Assisting with onsite land referencing and engaging with affected land owners
- Assisting with the production of the Book of Reference and associated documents
- Liaising with Local Authorities and other bodies to ascertain details of adopted highways, public rights of way
- Assisting with production of weekly and monthly reports
- Client interfacing, telephone, post and email support
Required for the position of Assistant Land Consultant;
- Geography Bachelors degree or in a relevant discipline
- Some basic GIS knowledge, preferably ArcGIS
- Good communication skills and able to liaise at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability in prioritising a busy workload with challenging deadlines
- Full clean driving license and a willingness to travel to land referencing locations
- Competent in Microsoft packages including MS word and Excel
- Highly motivated and conscientious
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in tasks such as data capture and the production of documents
- Must be a good team worker and decision maker
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst being under pressure
- UK travel and on occasion global
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence