Estimator - Transportation
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Working within our transportation division, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing estimates and cost plans in line with defined briefs, customer objectives and contracted scope of works
- Implementing the management of estimate deliverables in conjunction with design project management and third party input
- Coordinating with design teams to ensure estimate deliverables fully capture all required scope
- Interpretation of programmes, construction and logistics reports to inform estimating deliverables
- Achieving the delivery of projects within budget
- Target cost contract reviews
- Third party estimate reviews
- Inputting into transport business cases
- Assisting in developing and maintaining estimate management good practise and upholding high standards within the team in a client facing environment
- Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data
- Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Assisting in securing new and repeat business
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management reports/liaison with the portfolio manager
Locations out with Birmingham will be considered.
- A degree in an engineering, construction management, quantity surveying or other relevant degree
- Ability to determine scope of works through interpretation of the contract documents - contract provisions, specifications, drawing, schedules, technical documents etc
- Ability to critique and produce unit cost rates on a first principles basis
- ICES/ACostE/MRICS/MCIOB qualified or working towards
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Familiarity with existing estimating packages Candy, Conquest, RIB, CostX, Benchmark etc
- Extensive experience of working on civil engineering, highways and/or rail projects preferred
- The successful candidate will:
- Have or develop a skilled appreciation of the CANDY estimating tool and its relationship with key client management systems such as EES
- Understand how TOTEX (total expenditure) is calculated using capital expenditure, operational expenditure, whole life cost and embedded / operational carbon values to provide whole life cost solutions to our clients
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.