Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Supporting the development and promotion of Mott MacDonald's presence within the Stadia, Arena and Events sector
- Supporting the development of new business opportunities within the Stadia, Arena and Events sector
- Supporting the development of best practice initiatives for the delivery of our services within this sector
- Assist in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
- Preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports
- Prepare valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
- Attend appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required
Required for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Experience in relevant sectors: stadia, mixed-used development, and/or residential related development
- Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Chartered MRICS
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy team whilst managing high value contracts within , Stadia, Arena and Events sectors, capable of leads and delivers multiple, medium to high complexity projects; procures advice when required
- Competent as a client account manager
- Competent at building relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders
Preferred, but not required
- Competent at managing and cultivating defined client relationships and securing new work
- Leads large teams, responsible for staff development, resourcing and/or is a recognised Technical lead within a specialist area
- Experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
- CostX / PowerBI / SharePoint experience is desirable but not essential
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.