Job Type: Full time
Are you an experienced Project Manager seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture, valuing equality and diversity, taking proactive steps to create an inclusive environment. The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
You will be responsible for the entire scope required for successful delivery of projects including: appraisal, planning, detailed design, construction and delivery phases. To deliver these by complying with HM Treasury Governance and processes specifically; Project Management, Health & Safety, Commercial, Risk & Value, Budget. Manage a delivery team and all key stakeholders.
Responsible for delivery of projects (Client Side) ensuring:
- Contract administration and delegated Project Managers duties under the NEC Professional Services Contract & Engineering Construction Contract
- Developing and supporting strategies to improve project performance.
- Supporting the wider Environment and Water portfolio through internal project management activities and delegated account management actions from the Project Principal
- Understands and can demonstrate the importance of collaborative working and supports delivery teams in delivering commercial efficiency.
- Leads on the front foot, pro-active engagement with the teams, provides healthy challenge and supports teams in delivering the required outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with all levels within client organisations and the wider Environment and Water portfolio.
- Supports and helps deliver wider ENW portfolio and account initiatives
- Supportive and developing of others and take personal responsibility for continually improving own knowledge, skills and networks
- A degree in engineering or project management subject
- A relevant professional qualification with the APM or Prince 2
- Full Membership, or working towards full membership of a relevant chartered body; MAPM, MCIWEM, MICE, MCIOB, MRICS etc..
- Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement
- Experience of managing projects within the Water and Environment Sector
- Experience of NEC contracts and their practical application
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to foster and promote collaborative working relationships
- Experience of working 'client side' for the Environment Agency, DEFRA or other RMA's would be an advantage
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
We are one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. As a multisector consultancy, we provide engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division…
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Land Advisory, Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Education and Healthcare Management.