Principal flood risk management consultant
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a senior or principal flood risk management consultant to join our team. We pride ourselves in providing industry-leading hydrological and flood modelling services across all stages of the project lifecycle. Our flood risk management projects range from the strategic broad scale to the detailed design of multi-million-pound flood schemes, offering huge diversity and excellent opportunities for technical development and career progression.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team of engineers and scientists, in a vibrant multi-disciplinary office, working on a range of built-environment projects for government and private clients.
- Relevant degree-level qualifications (e.g. hydrology, geography, mathematics, civil engineering, or other related disciplines).
- Chartership and/or Full Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Professional experience working in the UK's flood risk management sector.
- Experience undertaking flood risk management business cases and appraisals.
- Clear, honest and effective communication skills.
- Systematic logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively to meet client needs and deadlines both independently and as part of a team.
- Project management
- Proficient in the use of GIS.
- Team development and leadership.
- Business development and tender preparation.
- Environmental assessment.
- Design of SuDS and conventional drainage systems.
- Coastal modelling, surface water and drainage modelling experience.
- Producing or contributing to Flooding Consequences/Risk Assessments.
The role will be challenging, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. You will work closely with our clients and teams of engineers and technical specialists to help our clients deliver a wide range of fluvial, coastal, surface water or drainage flood risk management projects. You will support on project appraisals and prepare business cases for projects in Wales and elsewhere in the UK. The role will also provide the opportunity expand existing experience in economic assessment, hydraulic modelling and project appraisal. There is also the opportunity to manage projects locally and take on the wider responsibilities associated with a team leader or business development role in the future, as the team grows.
We are looking for a hard-working, well organised, motivated, enthusiastic and flexible individual. The successful candidate will be a good communicator with a strong focus on helping our clients to achieve their outcomes. They will have the skill, confidence and initiative to solve problems and bring forward innovation to maintain Mott MacDonald at the forefront of this specialised area. In return we offer a highly collaborative and supportive environment within which to further develop your career.