Built Environment Account Leader
Location: City of Bristol
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply for a key strategic role in our Buildings and Cities Unit in the South West. The Built Environment Account Leader is an outward facing role with responsibility for winning and delivering buildings projects across the markets we work in within the region. We are looking to grow our buildings business with our existing energy and transportation clients, with a focus on expanding our 'Cities' offering.
You would join a rapidly expanding business of nearly 400 people in the South West with a number of major existing frameworks and a strong forward order book with clients spanning the public, regulated and private sectors.
Account Leaders are our primary point of contact with a group of clients and are responsible for the relationships with those clients, our strategic relationship with the internal client -facing Unit/Division and for the P&L accounts within those sectors. The role includes:
- identifying opportunities and converting them into prospects;
- converting prospects into projects through bid teams by ensuring bids are technically excellent and commercially sound;
- delivering outcomes for clients through project teams by ensuring projects are to quality, budget and schedule;
- managing risk and commercial performance on the projects for their Accounts;
- promoting account leadership across the wider business;
- working effectively with other Account Leaders, Resource Managers and Practice Leaders;
- running appropriate account meetings with client and senior level management involvement; and
- addressing client's issues, fulfilling their aspirations and having a wide appreciation on sustainability, climate change, social value and net zero carbon.
The Built Environment Account Leader will work closely with our Transportation & Infrastructure, and Cities Account Leaders, and report to the Principal Account Leader for the South West. They will have Bid and Project Principals reporting to them for project performance in their Portfolio.
- Degree in a relevant technical or management subject which could including Civil/Structural Engineering or Building Services;
- Experience in and understanding of the Built Environment sector in the region;
- Ability to build strong client relationships;
- Ability to influence and lead at all levels;
- Experience of winning and delivering projects;
- Experience of actively participating in key customer interactions and engagement and ability to hold assigned key client relationships at senior level; and
- Strong commercial background.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.