Assistant Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an Assistant Project Manager you will assist the Project Manager on delivery of projects or workstreams on major infrastructure projects. This opportunity will enable you to support the development of this growing and diverse business whilst progressing your own career.
The successful management of the development, design stages, delivery and handover of (built environment and infrastructure) projects as instructed, ensuring:
- Processes and procedures are applied, and any governance protocols followed
- A project management plan is developed and maintained for each project
- Projects are scoped in accordance with agreed project objectives,
- Deliverables are clearly identified and executed,
- Key parameters of cost, time and quality are achieved providing a coherent and realistic action plan against deficiencies,
- Liaise with the projects H&S&W and CDM Representative, acting on advice provided to ensure that project / contractor CDM and Health and Safety compliance matters are satisfactorily discharged and/or adhered to,
- Establish effective stakeholder and communication management processes and structures across the project, Client and stakeholder teams, undertaking stakeholder mapping and understanding the role of project influencers, developing strong working relationships where appropriate. Specifically consider all necessary actions in terms of liaison, process mapping and reporting with statutory and technical assurance bodies, mitigating potential delays and costs to project performance through timely submissions and consenting requirements,
- Liaise and work across all commercial, procurement and general project control functions, providing the necessary project management input to deliver projects within the agreed project parameters,
- Assess the necessary level of resources and competence in the supply chain teams, taking all necessary reactive measures where required to ensure the required performance,
- Successful administration of the NEC suite of contracts for professional and contractor commissions as dictated by the projects, addressing performance to ensure contractually successful outcomes.
(APD) About the business unit
The advisory and programme delivery unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. You will be given the opportunity to apply through this scheme when making your application.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence