Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Team Administrator you will play an integral part in contributing to the success of the division. You will primarily (but not exclusively) offer proactive and efficient administrative support as part of the HTS Administration Team. Additionally, you will provide support to senior colleagues.
A bit about the team:
The Highways and Intelligent Transport Systems (HTS) division is primarily based in the UK, delivering projects to clients such as Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO), National Highways, Transport Scotland, DfT, Contractors and local authorities. We specialise in design and construction, progressing schemes from option identification and appraisal through preliminary detail design to supervision of works on site.
We have a vacancy for a Team Administrator to support the HTS division. You can be based in any of our main UK offices. We encourage you to become part of our vibrant and dynamic workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Diary management for senior staff
- Co-ordination of senior staff travel arrangements
- Preparing board papers and meeting packs in advance of meetings
- Managing and co-ordinating meetings including room bookings, teas, coffees and catering deliveries
- IT requisitions
- HS&W requisitions
- PPE ordering
- Assistance with event coordination
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of document management systems, including archiving
- Managing incoming and outgoing post including date stamping and distribution of incoming post
- Assist in preparation of reports using standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word)
- Answering phones where necessary and passing on messages
- Lead on and/or assist in ad hoc administration projects
- Reports: as required to assist with the printing and binding of reports and other documents
Required for the position of Team Administrator;
- National 5/GCSE Maths and English Grade B or above (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in administrative/secretarial/personal assistant roles
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Preferred, but not essential
- Awareness and acts in accordance with the organisation's values
- Conscientious, reliable and efficient member of the team
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff effectively - including senior managers
- Works well in a demanding and time intensive environment, ensuring a pragmatic and soundly judged approach to all activities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality ensuring sensitive information is managed and handled appropriately
- Works well as part of a team, showing respect and proactively offering support
- Excellent communication skills - calls and emails will invariably be received from senior customer and stakeholder contacts, and it is crucial that a highly professional service is provided
- Effective organisational skills and time management
- Competent use of business software to include MS Teams, telephone and video conferencing and MS Office
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Other Information :
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.