Rail Civil Engineer
Location: South Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald's North West Rail Civils team is part of the Rail Division in the Transportation Unit and is delivering a wide range of schemes for clients including Network Rail, TfGM, Story Contracting, Buckingham Group, Siemens, and VolkerRail. Due to this, we are growing our team in the North West.
Upcoming works primarily centre around major station upgrades, with the team leading the multi-disciplinary stations designs on projects including Manchester Airport station, Halifax station and Liverpool Baltic Station, along with multiple AfA and station upgrade projects.
As a Rail Civil Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Technical package leadership of civil engineering design projects,
- Delivery, checking and approval of feasibility, outline and detailed design packages,
- Contributing to effective project delivery through robust programme & resource management and change control on work packages,
- Adding value through innovation, challenging client requirements and focus on Minimum Viable Product,
- Mentoring engineers and apprentices in their professional development, and
- Contributing to tenders.
We are particularly interested in speaking to applicants who have experience in railway stations and demonstrating NTSN compliance.
The team operates an agile working policy with the expectation that around 50% of your time will be spent in the Manchester or Altrincham office, fluctuating as required to suit business and individual needs.
For this role you will be required to meet the following Essential criteria:
- CEng/IEng MICE/MIStructE
- Broad experience in rail civil engineering design,
- Proficient in working in accordance with industry design standards, e.g. Eurocodes, BS, Network Rail, RGS,
- Technical expertise in civil engineering field,
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills,
- Ability to work both independently and closely with Design Team members,
- Ability and enthusiasm to provide technical supervision to engineers, technicians and apprentices,
- Ability to take full responsibility for design decisions and quality of deliverable / package, and
- Ability to solve complex problems independently within your field of expertise.
- Previous CRE appointment,
- Experience of rail design delivery,
- Experience of design delivery on Design and Build projects,
- Experience in multi-disciplinary project delivery, and
- Other technical and design management skills that can add value to our team.
- Experience in bridge renewals and strengthening/repairs, and
- Proficient in operating BIM/CAD software packages for engineering purposes (e.g. model/drawing reviews, basic amendments, check/approval workflows).
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.