Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the entire scope required for successful delivery of projects including: appraisal, planning, detailed design, construction and delivery phases. To deliver these by complying with HM Treasury Governance and processes specifically; Project Management, Health & Safety, Commercial, Risk & Value, Budget. Manage a delivery team and all key stakeholders.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Delivery on time within cost and to stated quality standards
- Ensure the relevant safety management system has been employed
- Coordinate and manage contract requirements (NEC) relating to design solutions, construction and commissioning.
- Collaborate with the Technical lead as per the delivery strategy to ensure excellence in Health and Safety in design
- Be accountable for the expenditure, and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation through specified governance.
- Ensure effective communication and interfaces with the supply chain and procurement functions.
- Be responsible for ensuring the change control process is followed including managing and recording all change to time, cost and quality.
- Active stakeholder management to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions.
- Manage project risk and opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce risk.
- Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard.
- Maintain excellent communications with the client and wider programme team.
- Be responsible for the project programme. Work with multidisciplinary delivery teams to update the programme as required.
- Ensure the effective and efficient close out of all projects
All locations throughout Scotland will be considered
Required for the position of Project Manager:
- A degree in engineering or project management subject
- A relevant professional qualification with the APM or Prince 2
- Full Membership, or working towards full membership of a relevant chartered body; MAPM, MCIWEM, MICE, MCIOB, MRICS etc..
- Experience of managing projects within the Water and Environment Sector
- Experience of NEC contracts and their practical application
Preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to foster and promote collaborative working relationships
- Experience of working 'client side'
- Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.