Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As the Commercial Manager, you will have the day-to-day responsibility to manage Mott MacDonald / Clients obligations on one Europe's largest infrastructure projects. As part of the Core Team, you will work closely with the Senior Project Manager and Projects Controls Team to manage the project deliverables to the Client expectations.
A bit about the team
We operate in Highways, Rail, Aviation and Maritime. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
What you will contribute to the team;
Responsible for commercial management, including:
- Budget management including month end reporting (actuals, monthly variances, accruals and annual variances)
- Risk management and reporting
- Dispute resolution / avoidance
- Offering commercial strategy advice
- Review and recommendation of subcontractor acceptance
- Assist the Client PM / NEC PM with the management of CEMAR
- Assessment of compensation events
- Assessment of monthly payment applications
- Commercial audits
* Managing assistant commercial managers and quantity surveyors within the team
* Mentoring of junior members of team Sub Lot cost and time baseline and changes to baseline.
* Forecasting of Estimate To Complete.
* MIDP deliverables tracker update.
* Weekly and monthly progress reports.
* Ensure that scope definition is clear and unambiguous.
* Price any change to baseline.
* Ensure that projects delivered in adherence with Employer's Requirements, standards and best practice
* Contribute to the assignment of ownership to the identified risks and opportunities
* Provides advice and support to project teams where necessary
(APD) About the business unit
The advisory and programme delivery unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. You will be given the opportunity to apply through this scheme when making your application.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence