Architect - Healthcare
Location: City of Bristol
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an architect with an interest in building conservation to join our growing architecture team. This team is part of the buildings and cities unit within Mott MacDonald, and provides services at all RIBA stages on a wide variety of projects.
Our main subsectors are Aviation, Defence and Transportation but we also deliver in most building typologies in the UK and Globally. We have an exciting opportunity for an Architect to join our team in Glasgow, Bristol, Sheffield or Birmingham (other locations across the UK considered) to help us grow whilst developing your own career.
We work for a number of clients within the UK and elsewhere and cover all aspects of the project life-cycle.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified or equivalent in architecture with work experience within an Architectural Practice or similar environment in the UK. We would expect the candidate to have suitable experience of running projects in the UK.
* Part 3 Qualified with ARB registration
* Post part 3 experience
* Able to deliver projects from a design and technical background
* Delivery of projects in UK
* Having a portfolio with a number of heritage projects would be beneficial
* Accreditation in Building Conservation or a Conservation Architect would be beneficial, but we will consider candidates working towards accreditation
* Experience in Aviation, Defence Transportation and Justice & Correctional projects would be beneficial, but not essential
* Experience of working with Revit would be beneficial
* Should have a genuine interest in Architecture and the Built Environment and be aware of relevant current technical building legislation and guidance such as Building Regulations and British Standards
* Should be prepared to work on multiple projects (and these will vary and will not always include conservation projects)
* Will work as a member of a team and be expected to contribute to team performance and demonstrate use of initiative
Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain Security Clearance.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
You'll be a part of a growing architectural team, coordinating proactively with other engineering disciplines as well as running projects autonomously.
Our architecture team have a wide variety of projects that we are working on, including Aviation, Defence, Transportation, Justice and Correctional projects and you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills in design, project running, technical detailing & BIM.