Location: City of Bristol
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join our growing team in Glasgow, Altrincham, Tadley, Bristol or Southampton where you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects ranging from defence to nuclear new build.. This role is to support the client locally as well as the larger nuclear team based in the UK.
* Responsible for all stages of project evolution from concept to detailed design work including use of appropriate design and analysis software packages.
* Undertake civil and structural inspections of energy infrastructure and prepare, in English, detailed inspection reports.
* Offer a consultative approach to clients to ensure best solution is offered to meet their needs
* Liaise with engineers from within Mott MacDonald and external stakeholders from different disciplines in the development of multi-disciplinary infrastructure solutions.
* Ensure client satisfaction, pursue and promote opportunities with clients
* Develop, maintain and monitor programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects
* Demonstrate technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership to the expected level of experience
* Design of engineering works in reinforced concrete and structural steelwork
* Prepare, in English, specifications and minimum functional specifications for the civil/structural engineering aspects of energy projects
* Assist with project management, control and administration as appropriate to the level of experience
Ideally you will be a chartered engineer, or working towards it, with experience working in the nuclear sector although candidates with other regulated industry experience will be considered.
Experience of working with BIM software would be an advantage.
Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain Security Clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.